How does the Adeptus Mechanicus feel about the Blood Angels?

Sanguine_Blood

Just a question on fluff.

Don't the skitarri, or maybe it's the AdMech in general, but don't they dislike the Blood Angels for stealing the over-charged engine schematics?

I want to run AdMech allies, but just don't know how well it will be welcomed as its against fluff.

Discuss

It's not that the Blood Angels stole the schematics for the overcharged engine - it's that they have somehow come across the knowledge and have resisted sharing this with the Mechanicum. The last bit of fluff I read on the matter described the situation as 'strained' between the Mechanicum and Blood Angels, but not hostile. The issue is political and they continue to work together despite this, albeit with reduced trust.

So fluff crazies wouldn't criticize my taking a list of both Angels and AdMech?

It's your army. If the only thing someone can criticise you on is some fluff then you've already won that battle and besides, it's often overlooked that Dante sent Mars an Imperator Titan gift-wrapped. Perhaps they are assisting to say thanks, or with some other goal. Or perhaps your forces are being assisted by a different Forge world, one who whilst descended from Mars doesn't hold the same grudges? Each Forge world is unique after all.

You think it would be more normal for one of our techmarines to be in a force that would include skitarii?

My meta consists of more fluffy players than waac players. And that's kinda the reason I made this topic, so I could stay in tune with the fluff, which I am not a huge follower of.

^ what Xenith said. 

They'd be likely to help you, because if they played it right, they might be able to salvage and study what they were denied. They accidentally be a little late, or might just barely miss that important shot that would have saved a unit, but hey, they are there!

You can even play that in when you roll bad. "Look, it's not that they can't hit, it's just that they aren't trying to." 

Archived