Need some opinions and/or advice

3DJutsu

Hey Brothers, as I am currently away from home the only thing I can do with 40k is plan and plot. So I figure now would be a good time to start drumming up a proper paint scheme for my Angels of Damnation.

I've been pretty set on flames being in the motif in some shape or fashion, obviously the biggest inspiration to draw on for this would be the Legion of the Damned as well as from the Infernus chapter. Which, by the way, if you don't know about you should really look it up, beautifully painted models.

Black armor will be the basecoat, not only to make the flames pop, but because I play heavy ravenwing and I've already basecoated them that way. XD

I will probably go the Infernus chapter route, putting flames on the base of the hands, feet, forehead, and shoulder pads IF my skill can handle it. Alternatively I could go with all black armor and paint their robes with flames on the base. Which also begs the question of what color the robes get painted if I go with the first option. Keep them bone white since, after all, they are Sons of the Lion?

With the Bikes, painting the flames whilst keeping the Ravenwing feathers intact is going to be difficult as I'm not sure how to go about getting what I want while preserving the Ravenwing iconagraphy.

Similar problem arises with the Darktalon, though I have thought of painting flames 'under' the ravenwing icons on the wings. Which looks awesome in my mind but will likely look less than awesome in reality.

Argh, I'm trying to rack my brain to get a good paint scheme for my Army, but then I start to factor in stuff like the Librarians robes and his bike and should I keep his blue armor and rabble blargh rabble...

Am I overthinking this or do other Brothers have similar problems?

Archived