Skitarii as allies.

Jazarith

I am pretty new to the hobby, been playing a few months and I have amassed a decent sized Dark Angels army.  Its around 3000 pts if I just give the decent upgrades and dont go crazy.  

I know that Dark Angels arent the most competitive armies.  What do you guys think of using Skitarii as allies to a mixed wing force at 1500-1850 pts range?  The heavy slots they get have skyfire or snap fire at BS 2.  The troops seem fairly priced for what they do and can take 2 special weapons in a 5 man squad.  

Just didnt see much discussion on this yet and wanted to see if you guys thought this would be a good next step to take my army and buy a small for to ally in.  

I can only assume they combine exceptionally well with ravenwing (specifically black knights). Hit a squad with a rad grenade and charge with vanguard, bam you're fighting toughness 2 marines/necrons/orks and toughness 1 tau/guard/poncy eldar gitz. Infiltrate some sicaran infiltrators near the enemy, hit them with a dark talon stasis bomb or black knight grenade and they're now fighting at either -4 or -2 WS/Initiative if you can get a charge in.

They make an excellent base of fire in the form of infantry or anti-aircraft with onagers. Having relentless storm troopers armed with kraken rounds and mega anti-everything sniper rifles is pretty legit.

Archived