Chaplain and relics

BloodTzar

Hello brothers,

I am re-reading our codex and one thing caught my attention; chaplain. Not that this guy is as good as he used to be however I need to get at least one into my lists as WL due to FW toys

In particular the termie version. The question is; is it possible to switch SB for the relic - valours edge and still keep rosarius for more attacks?

I mean for 145 he is decent 2+/4++ 4attacks on a charge, yet still usefull in shooting while having auspex on :)

Does anyone else use good old fashion chappy?~BT

Ps. Sorry for typos as I am on phone :/

I've been pondering taking a normal Chaplain myself lately, but haven't had an opportunity to play.

Keep him in power armor, replace his bolt pistol with the Valor's edge, give jump pack and place with a Jump Pack DC. He's only 25 melta bombs, and IMO better than Lemartes, for a bit cheaper.

Even pondered making him my Warlord, and giving him The Veritas Vitae for the bonus Warlord trait. And, he benefits well from the Blood Angels warlord trait, at least I think, minus Descent of Angels maybe....

Yeah its just for those worth the"relic of the armory" rule. From memory it includes the , fire raptor and whirlwind scorpius. In a primary detachment you can one without a chappie but need him for any more in that detachment. In an asked detachment you need him to take one.

Archived