Baal Predator

Helias_Tancred

The move from FA to HS is irrelevant; multiple detachments are easy enough to bring to the table without much points tax, and pretty much necessary if you want to be competitive. So you can easily have your Baals squeezed in between a few predators and raiders if you like. Losing scout was just heinous, GW. Heinous! That alone should have brought its points down a good whack.

As for the Sicaran, it was a little OP but then they FAQ'd it from AV 13 13 13 to AV 13 12 12 and it became just plain awesome. There's nothing OP about it, you may as well say Dante is OP, and wraithknights and riptides and anything else that has something unique and strong about it.

The move from FA to HS is irrelevant; multiple detachments are easy enough to bring to the table without much points tax, and pretty much necessary if you want to be competitive. So you can easily have your Baals squeezed in between a few predators and raiders if you like. Losing scout was just heinous, GW. Heinous! That alone should have brought its points down a good whack.

As for the Sicaran, it was a little OP but then they FAQ'd it from AV 13 13 13 to AV 13 12 12 and it became just plain awesome. There's nothing OP about it, you may as well say Dante is OP, and wraithknights and riptides and anything else that has something unique and strong about it.

If you go for multiple detachments, you might as well pick up more normal preds/vindies instead... so that fixes nothing.

Vindis and dakka baals / preds have different roles, but multi-CAD means you can spam both if you so wish. As for baal vs predator, I personally don't see a place for the dakka baal anymore unless you're happy to pay 30 points extra for swapping the autocannon for an assault cannon.

I think when Rending was a bigger deal back in 4th-5th edition, the Baal had more of a place. Now that S7 shooting spam is king, it has been relegated to a much lower place in the power tiers. Heck, when you think about it an IG Taurox (appearance aside) has almost more to offer than a Baal Predator. Yes, this makes me sad too. sad.png

I guess the problem with giving the Baal Torrent on its Flamestorm Cannon would be the unintended buff of the Redeemer.  That said, I'm not sure how much of a problem that is, given the current state of the Redeemer.

Vindis and dakka baals / preds have different roles, but multi-CAD means you can spam both if you so wish.

I know they have different roles but the point stands: if you go multi-det, there would still be no reason to buy Baals.

Actually the point was that if people want to take baals, for whatever reason, it is easy enough to do so alongside other HS choices.

Archived