imperial knight titan with blood angels

Emprah2508

Agreed, we have many options for dropping melta on the opponent. Also, if you are busting vehicles, multiple shots from normal melta weapons are far more likely to kill than a single large melta template which will only inflict one hit.

The melta cannon is only superior against large units of 2+ save infantry like Terminators or MegaNobz. If you know you will be facing these guys, it is worth considering. Against pretty much everything else, take the battlecannon.

To be on the safe side, you can always magnetize the model so you can swap weapons between battles.

What do you guys feel about running a Cerastus knight Acheron with the BA? Seems like it fits well witht the meta str 7 ap 3 Flamestorm and a awesome melee weapon

I have been thinking a lot about this issue. On the one hand, the Hellstorm Template is amazing at pin point roadblock removal for assault armies. It is also the only Cerastus with a second weapon so he can charge a different unit it is flaming.

On the other hand, life expentency is low because this thing needs to advance ASAP. It is also quite expensive. A Paladin is more flexible, albeit less accurate, for a lower price and not FW (in case there are anti FW people in your meta).

Honestly, no idea. I am considering to get either Acheron or Typhon Siege Tank and I can not decide.

What do you guys feel about running a Cerastus knight Acheron with the BA? Seems like it fits well witht the meta str 7 ap 3 Flamestorm and a awesome melee weapon

I have been thinking a lot about this issue. On the one hand, the Hellstorm Template is amazing at pin point roadblock removal for assault armies. It is also the only Cerastus with a second weapon so he can charge a different unit it is flaming.

On the other hand, life expentency is low because this thing needs to advance ASAP. It is also quite expensive. A Paladin is more flexible, albeit less accurate, for a lower price and not FW (in case there are anti FW people in your meta).

Honestly, no idea. I am considering to get either Acheron or Typhon Siege Tank and I can not decide.

May I also throw another wrench into your ideas? A legion Fellblade I have just purchased one myself and I find it fitting perfectly into my BA army. On one turn I may see a huge blood of Power armor ont he board and pop a 100 range str 8 ap 3 7" blast on it just like the typhoon just without the ignores cover. and a demolisher cannon once i get close enough. along with two quad las for any armor on the board that looks at me funny 4 TL str 9 hits can pop anything short of a Super Heavy. Oh i forgot as well with the one amunition You can use its str 9 ap 2 2D6 for armor pen on another turn as well. plus 12 HP is pretty great. I went with the fellblade because im a fan of big double barrel tanks and the BA are missing that str 8 ap 3 pie as well. Did i mention the main cannon is also TLed?

Food for thought

Edit: Screw it I just bought the acheron and the fellblade is on the way and I have a knight paladin already in my army. SO my LoW are covered... for now or until I want to buy the glaive

The main part that bothers me about the Acheron is that it is only marginally better than a Paladin but comes at increased point and monetary cost. In fact, I could buy a Typhon and a Paladin for the cost of an Acheron.

If someone has experience of how well a Acheron interacts with an aggressive and assault based army, please share.

The main part that bothers me about the Acheron is that it is only marginally better than a Paladin but comes at increased point and monetary cost. In fact, I could buy a Typhon and a Paladin for the cost of an Acheron.

If someone has experience of how well a Acheron interacts with an aggressive and assault based army, please share.

Hey Immersturm I just picked up the Acheron on Ebay for $160 USD quite a steal actually just doesnt have instructions and I bought it from a store that is 30 minutes away from me so i know its not some cheap china knock off and the seller assured me its legit and he bought it but then things got tight and had to sell it fast. Ill have it by next wed and I have a game every saturday ill let you know how it plays.

Pssst, Immersturm.  Not to hijack the thread, by the Typhon in nigh-indestructible and that ignores cover is HUGE.  Just sayin

Yes this typhon is next on my "MUST buy before I die list" I agree

Archived