Allied Drop Pods

Gideon999

Hi Everyone,

Just looking to confirm something here.   I know if I take a CAD of say, Ultramarines.   Then I take an Allied detachment of Space Wolves, and I take a fast attack drop pod selection.   Now I can put a unit of Centurions in that Space Wolf pod. 

So what if I take 2 CADs?   One full ultramarine CAD and one full SW CAD.  Can I still put ultramarine units in the wolves FA slot pods or does it HAVE to be from an allied detachment?

Thanks!!!

Yes, don't confuse the rules for allies and the Allies Matrix with the Allied Detachment. Just pretend the Allied Detachment is actually named "Auxiliary Detachment" instead, and treat it the same as any other type of detachment combined with whatever your primary detachment is.

Basically the rules for the Allies Matrix, including levels of alliance etc. just describe how different factions in the same army interact, regardless of what type of detachments you take them in. There is no specific link to the Allied Detachment :)

Cool.   I thought that was how it worked, but wanted to be sure.   I'd hate to build a list around that and get to a tournament or something and find out I was wrong.   :-)

Thanks for the help everyone.

Archived