Guard/PDF Militia, based on House Orlock (Necromunda)

Legiocustodes

I have recently been setting up a Rogue Trader Campaign for my girlfriend and I and so have been expanding my forces.

What I wanted were some non-generic models that I could use to form a backward, poorly equipped Guard or PDF Militia regiment. These can be fielded by the planetary governor or inducted by the Inquisition.

Additionally I am working on the background for a Genestealer cult who will be taking on the role of the baddies. I am okay for hybrids and purestrains but I was a bit short in the way of appropriate brood brothers...so these fellas can double hat for that role!

blogger-image--554811505.jpg

Luckily I had some old school Necromunda Orlocks to hand and these classic 'thugs' fitted perfectly the image that I wanted for the force!

blogger-image--1388925937.jpg

I have painted up ten already, and am now starting work on the next ten (including some heavies!)

The added bonus is that this also gives me a battle ready gang for games of Necromunda... Winner!

There's a few more photos and a bit more detail on my blog at:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/necromunda-genestealer-cult.html

Looking Good.Wish they would revisit that Game with plastics.

Me too, it's got such a lot of potential, but I'm not sure small skirmish games that only require 10-12 models a side really fit GWs current business model of massed armies and 1000s of models. Maybe they'll do a small release like Space Hulk 3rd Edition.

Neat I haven't seen a lot of stuff from Necromunda so this was good to look at. :)

I'm glad to have helped, these old models are really lovely and there is a lot of character in them! Plus I love the feel of a heavy metal miniature! I'll try and get some more painted up and posted soon!

Good call on that stuff. I only recently uncovered my old gangs, we got big into that game. So I now have 40 odd gangers from four different houses, who will mostl likely all become chaos cultists. Nice idea.

It was a great game, I'm looking forward to playing it again soon.

Yeah these guys make great cultists, don't get me wrong I like the new cultists from Dark Vengeance, but sometimes you want something a bit more subtle ... I don't care how stupid a planets government is, if people start running around with chaos stars all over them and death masks stapled to their faces then somebody is probably going to guess what's going on!

I dunno, they could easily think 'oh look, there goes another cawdor gang' :-p

I'm still building my goliaths up, hoping to pick up another 8 man box set at salute, then I'll have almost enough for a full strength platoon to join my guard army!

I dunno, they could easily think 'oh look, there goes another cawdor gang' :-p

I'm still building my goliaths up, hoping to pick up another 8 man box set at salute, then I'll have almost enough for a full strength platoon to join my guard army!

Haha true enough, those crazy Cawdor guys...but at least no eight pointed stars!!

The Goliaths are cool models, will you field them as standard guardsman, I reckon with their weapons options they would make good veterans (especially the shotguns!)

Archived