Omnispex & Enhanced Data Tethers and Doctrina Imperatives

OK so i may be blind but what return do these ad mech versions of comm's do to help the doctrina's ??

do we have to make leadership checks each turn when we choose to use a doctrina imperative?

cause if we don't then i dont see the use unless its just for Ld checks when taking casualties etc

Mithril

But i'm reading this not a s a LD gate for the Doctrina, but as a Doctrina Gate for the LD bonus!

Use a doctrina that turn, get the Ld bonus from the items, don't use it that turn, no Ld bonus!

Says affected by the doctrina, not has that special rule!

So a doctrina imperative needs to be in play that turn to get the LD benefit.

But i'm reading this not a s a LD gate for the Doctrina, but as a Doctrina Gate for the LD bonus!

Use a doctrina that turn, get the Ld bonus from the items, don't use it that turn, no Ld bonus!

Says affected by the doctrina, not has that special rule!

So a doctrina imperative needs to be in play that turn to get the LD benefit.

Definitely agree with that interpretation

Sounds about right, but there's almost one DI per game turn so it's not too difficult just picking one from the remaining Docs as you go.  Obviously which you pick hinges on your battle plan, but I'd most likely skip the first turn DI if there's not much to shoot and you don't need a Ld bonus.  Then use the +3BS/-2WS on T2 while you're still unlikely to be in assault, then +3BS/-2WS in T3 when you've had time to move into decent firing positions.

Just a rough faff off the top of my head, useful to get the ranged pain in and then +WS later on if you've got Sicarians/Dragoons assaulting but then again if you know you're going to have units getting assaulted that you *want dead* so you can fire on their killers in your next turn then using a -WS DI makes sense.

To be fair, since your Alphas/Princeps are Ld 9 the Enhanced Data-Tether/Broad Spectrum Data-Tether boosts them to full Ld 10, which could be very important for keeping them from bolting.  Since Fearless isn't a thing in this list (with the exception of The Omniscient Mask), having a cheap way to boost Ld is pretty nice.

The only issue I have with the Enhanced Data-Tether is you can't take both that and an Omnispex, and the latter is an amazingly helpful piece of kit.  Which you decide to use will be heavily influenced by the list you choose to make.

Archived