Just introducing myself

Hello guys and gals,

My names Sam but as you can see I go by honeybadger33 online. Im still a complete NOOB to the this awesome hobby. I call it a hobby because for me, I will probably not be able to play a game unless I buy two armies and being disabled and on a fixed income means thats gonna be a very long time. So for now I collect the minis and assemble them like I used to do model airplanes and cars. Im currently building a Blood Angel army and Ive gathered a good bit of models so far.  2 Space Marine Tactical Squads Converted to BA, 2 Blood Angel Tactical Squads, 2 Space Marine Assault Squads, 2 Death Company Squads, 1 Sanguinary Guard Squad, 1 Space Marine Terminator Squad and a Furioso Dreadnaught that I havent decided on what to build it as yet. As for the painting, Nothing is completed but a lot of my infantry is base coated in Mephiston Red as Im shooting for the Color Scheme of Duncan Rhodes from Warhammer TV on YouTube.

Ive only been collecting and building the minis for 2 months but Ive known about the WH40K Universe ever since Dawn of War was previewed in PC Gamer magazine before the game came out. I loved it and wanted to play the table top but had the same problems back then as I do now. I would have to drive about an hour and a half to the nearest Games Workshop store and Im not sure they play there. Ive heard there was another place close to GW that plays some but it would be a gamble and too long of a drive. Its either collect two armies and play myself or drag a friend into playing if I can find one willing to try it. LOL. Anyways, I  hope to meet new people and learn about the game regardless if I ever play another soul or not because I simply enjoy the hobby. If you are on here and happen to be in Alabama, shoot me a message and let me know! We may live close by!

Hail and welcome, brother. It seems Dawn of War was quite the recruitment sergeant for the hobby, as I've met or talked to a great many people who came into the hobby because of it. Great game, even if it is a little dated these days. 

Welcome, Son of Sanguinius!

We'll help you build an awesome army (or two), and fill you in in the meanwhile.

A word of advice: Sanguinary guard get blammed to death fairly early. Death Company are a VERY wise investment against anything, if you include thunder hammers and powerfists. Don't equip them for shooting , it's a waste of their prowess in the Assault phase.

With the Army I have so far how would you guys run the Dreadnaught? Death Company, Furioso, or Librarian? I know I dont have a complete army to run but lets just say that I have everything. Oh I forgot to mention that I do have a Space Marine Command Squad I forgot to list and I will have a Librarian in Terminator Armor real soon.

Welcome to Bolter and Chainsword!

As you've already discovered, the BA forum is the best place to answer you questions. However, the answer your questions here, consider magnetising the Dreadnought as this will allow you flexibility. As a general rule, arming the Furioso with a frag cannon and deploying via a Drop Pod is an excellent alpha choice/distraction unit. Either of the close combat varieties benefit more from a delivery system such as a Stormraven Gunship. Librarian Dreadnoughts can be very interesting and are arguably one of our best units in the current Codex. A Death Company Dreadnought can be brutal but it has it's drawbacks so I would recommend you learn the game with a different flavour of Dreadnought first.

Archived