Dark Angel "Wing" Names?

Volt

I'm currently working on a DIY Dark Angels Successor (Brotherhood of Normant), and I've heard some rumors that there's other Dark Angel "wing" names from the Horus Heresy. Are they? What are they? I'm trying to come up with a name for Third Company (specializes in Void Warfare and are the premier naval experts in the chapter), but I can't come up with anything good.

And as, you may have guessed from the name, they're space Normans, but unfortunately the Normans didn't really name their units in a unique fashion like the Poles or Germans. I thought about using something from Norman history... but there's nothing unique (although we did more or less pioneer the idea of Knights as a noble position).

We only know four at this time. Dreadwing, Stormwing, Deathwing and Ravenwing (not confirmed as one of the Heresy era wings).

Seems like Stormwing is an assault wing so it should be ready for void warfare and boarding actions,  maybe that is of interest to you.

Correct.

In fact the only mention I recall of the Ravenwing in the context of the Heresy is when Astelan asks Belath of this heladry and he mentions "It's the Raven's Wing". It is not even clear of whether this was some sort of Caliban sub-order going back to the cavalry days of the Order or an active branch of the Legion...

I may have missed something though...

We only know four at this time. Dreadwing, Stormwing, Deathwing and Ravenwing (not confirmed as one of the Heresy era wings).

Seems like Stormwing is an assault wing so it should be ready for void warfare and boarding actions,  maybe that is of interest to you.

Stormwing sounds good for the Third Company. Where is that sourced from anyway? I haven't really paid any attention to the HH considering Battle for the Abyss killed any and all interest I had in it.

Stormwing sounds good for the Third Company. Where is that sourced from anyway? I haven't really paid any attention to the HH considering Battle for the Abyss killed any and all interest I had in it.

Uremembered Empire, 1st edition, short story with azkaellon

I don't know about shot story with Azkaellon, but the Stormwing reference does indeed come from the Unremembered empire book. Assault marines with breaching shields was the short description about Stormwing.

For reference, dreadwing is also described in Unremebered empire, with a skull in hourglass markings.

I don't know about shot story with Azkaellon, but the Stormwing reference does indeed come from the Unremembered empire book. Assault marines with breaching shields was the short description about Stormwing.

For reference, dreadwing is also described in Unremebered empire, with a skull in hourglass markings.

A "Stormwing" assault squad with Breaching Shields...  Doesnt say that the Stormwing is all Assault squads or all equipped with shields.

I was all excited too but then I re-read it...

Well there are the lesser known wings that I feel compelled to expose... The Dark Angels are a secretive lot, but I'm spilling the beans:

There is the expert hit and run faction also known as the 'Chicken-wing'. They are closely related to the fowl mouthed caste which hail from New York,.... Bufffalo specifically, and they are known as the Buf-... ah forget it... This is too top secret for a forum. I risk my life exposing any more details.

They are closely related to the fowl mouthed caste which hail from New York,.... Bufffalo specifically

Hey, them's fightin' words!  hail from Buffalo! :p

Seriously though, if you want a name for a Wing that specializes in void combat:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/HidaOkami/VOIDWING_zpswkqfdzxi.jpg

I think it is mentioned that there are 6 "wings" it total... So it makes sense to assume that four of them are Ravenwing, Dreadwing, Deathwing and Stormwing...

Now where I got the number "6" I can't recall... (damn I need to get my act together with the HH series)

Archived