TDA Librarian

Ovidius Incertus

I'm planning a kitbash of a Terminator Librarian based on the Kaerlan mini I've got sitting around for the ETL.  What's the best way to equip him to make him functional in-game?

I was thinking SS, auspex and axe, only because I really want to use on the FW Terminator axes I have lying around.  Or should I go staff?  Ditch the shield and add Baal's Fury?

Also, what squad would it be best to run him with?

I run a Libby Term as a second HQ (not my warlord) with a Force Axe and Storm shield. I slap him with five TH/SS Assault Terminators and footslog them. It's a slow way to go (unless you roll Wings of Sanguinius, in which case they can float gallantly through the air) but they are tough to kill and they hit like a tonne of the brown stuff. 

*Disclaimer - for use in bigger games only, your experience may differ, Maru is not responsible for any tabelings, minor victory point losses or public mocking you may be subject to. terms and conditions apply, heretics need not apply.*

I would run him with a DC squad (cc and pistol) or an Assault Squad. And use unleash rage and quickening. Five DC can yield 30 attacks on charge with unleash rage, and quickening and unleash rage on the TDA Libbie will boost his attacks, too.

A way to make Raffens Death Company a useable option?

Food for thought.

I think a terminator squad would probably be the best home for him. It's nice to have another character in the squad with him just in case a really nasty character shows up for a challenge. His TDA would also slow down the death company sweeping advance.  Depending on what you're trying to kill and what the squad has, a force stave or force sword would get the most out of the Quickening initiative bonus.

The auspex is an interesting choice, I'm thinking that could work well with divination and something like a sternguard squad. 

Quickening also gives you a reason to field LC terminators. 4+d3 S5 AP3 Shredding attacks at I5+d3 (assuming Baal Strike Force) on the charge are not so bad. Heck even 3-6 S9 AP2 Concussive attacks at I1 isn't totally bad.

I would consider an axe only if quickening adds up to his initiative of 1, which I think it does.

No it does not:

If a model has a combination of rules or wargear that modify a characteristic, first apply any multipliers, then apply any additions or subtractions, and finally apply any set values. For example, if a model with Strength 4 has both ‘+1 Strength’ and ‘double Strength’, its final Strength is 9 (4×2=8, 8+1=9). If a model with Strength 4 has both ‘+1 Strength’ and ‘Strength 8’, its final Strength is 8 (ignore +1 Strength and set it at 8).

I would consider an axe only if quickening adds up to his initiative of 1, which I think it does.

No it does not:

If a model has a combination of rules or wargear that modify a characteristic, first apply any multipliers, then apply any additions or subtractions, and finally apply any set values. For example, if a model with Strength 4 has both ‘+1 Strength’ and ‘double Strength’, its final Strength is 9 (4×2=8, 8+1=9). If a model with Strength 4 has both ‘+1 Strength’ and ‘Strength 8’, its final Strength is 8 (ignore +1 Strength and set it at 8).

LOL I meant doesn't :D

Archived