Gargantuan Dark Angels? !

Prot

I don't see any of the space marine chapters getting anything gargantuan. As it stands the only Space marine chapter that has a monstrous creature is grey knights. 

I think that the wraithknight got the upgrade to gargantuan upgrade and (I guess access to a D weapon) was to give them a knight killer. The Tau are probably going to get the same kind of upgrade. I don't think this is really anything to worry about. This is simply a re-balancing, since the knight packs so much killing potential.

Right. People are freaking out over the Wraithknight, but things got kicked off by the Imperial Knight.  I hope all the punks who fielded Adamantine Lance formations get a nice big taste of Wraithknight, because they very much deserve it.  Otherwise, people will learn how to kill the new Wraithknights soon enough; sooner if they stop whining and put their minds to it.

You know it's funny but we've been talking in the Grey knights section about how to handle this, and there's no real mechanism in the codex.... none.. unless you count the Stormraven (which I don't).

But I was reading the White Dwarf, and just thinking about how my DA would handle it, and although we're talking 'combos' here I think the RWGL + Plasma talons, + Deathwing Knights are actually valid.

At the end of the day I honestly think GW wants us using Super Heavies and this is how they're doing it. But if the codex is around the corner, there may very well be an interesting answer in those pages.

The upscaling of 40K, while opening up more play options, does bum me out a bit because it removes the focus away from the core iconic units that define each army, the actual troops, be they space marines, guardsmen, dark elder kabalites, etc. It bothers me when I see lists posted that are supposedly SPACE MARINES!!! and end up having just some token scout unit in the corner to make room for more flyers, walkers, tanks, etc. It just takes something away from the flavor of the game. I also don't like that as a result you end up with lists that can/will just remove whole units of these guys at a clip. I guess I  just enjoy a game where "I beat your rock with my rock" rather than "My paper wipes out your rock HAHAHAHAH!"

Funnily enough, wasn't this the reasoning GW themselves used for making only Troops scoring in 5th edition? Ah, how circular GW's rules writing is. They seem to be going for up-scaled silliness ala 2nd edition so hard atm I'm kinda expecting the return of Virus Outbreak within the next 18 months.

Archived