Arc Rifle points differ

Vash

Hello, 

Might be a stupid question, but I am having some issues with the point costs of the Arc Rifle for the Skitarii. In the White dwarf the cost XX points, while in the digital enhanced version they only cost X points (to make it clearer... they are 3 times cheaper in the enhanced version of the codex). 

Now, I know I should trust my codex, but GW has done misstakes before with their releases. 

If anyone could shed some light for me I would be grateful. Send a PM to me if you want to reveal the cost for the Arc rifle. I own only digital versions on the iPad of the White Dwarf and the codex. I don't have a book at hand. 

Actually, there's an error in the iPad version. It says [expunged] pts on the page with the lists, but the special weapon list in the glossary says [expunged] pts.

The correct value is [expunged] .

Infernal scapcode... Dark Mechanicus isn't happy they don't have a codex supplement yet.

You know, in regard to the redacting, posting the points value of something is not against the rules of this forum in any way that I can see. It's only excessive points values that are disallowed.

In fact, this errata discussion is only made ridiculous and opaque by redacting numbers and/or listing prices as "melta bombs".

since you're discussing a typo between different prints on a specific piece of wargear, use the actual numbers guys.

the forum rules state we don't want you posting exact numbers when you're posting an army list because something that size will give away point costs of too many things in a codex, thus letting players get away with not owning the codex in order to play it.  However, since you're trying to clarify the value listed in the books, use the number.  There's books out there that list power swords for 5, 10, and 15pts depending on who's getting the sword, so using that workaround is pointless (yea, i went there).

Ah great :D
Well then, then its settled. Anyhow, you can probably lock this thread or use Exterminatus since I have gotten my answer, and I am satisfied with it (with the workaround examples given). 

i'll probably leave it open for now until one of us posts seeing a patch to the ipad edition that changes the number. after that we can lock this out as we'll have final proof which cost it should be.  myself, i thought it was the army builder that was glitched because its usually the one that has the most errors. 

did anyone using it notice that it also doesn't let you place a melee AND pistol on an alpha?  its supposed to be that you replace your ranged weapon with one of the ranged options, but the melee ones don't replace; they're taken in addition to existing weapons. however, in the builder, if you take a pistol, it locks out taking a ranged weapon, and vice versa.

lastly, there's a caveat to the relics stating only the ruststalker princeps cant take a phosphoenix, but both sicarian princeps have it greyed out.

i'll probably leave it open for now until one of us posts seeing a patch to the ipad edition that changes the number. after that we can lock this out as we'll have final proof which cost it should be.  myself, i thought it was the army builder that was glitched because its usually the one that has the most errors. 

did anyone using it notice that it also doesn't let you place a melee AND pistol on an alpha?  its supposed to be that you replace your ranged weapon with one of the ranged options, but the melee ones don't replace; they're taken in addition to existing weapons. however, in the builder, if you take a pistol, it locks out taking a ranged weapon, and vice versa.

lastly, there's a caveat to the relics stating only the ruststalker princeps cant take a phosphoenix, but both sicarian princeps have it greyed out.

And that is why i still use the Ancient terran method of listing my army data with Papyrus and a stylus... not very ad-mech of me but hey...

Mithril

aye. whenever army builder has the file for an updated codex, i use that because the format is easy for me. if it hasnt been made, i know the code well enough to make one that's functional enough to do what i need it to; sometimes i can't get the right line of code to function how i want, such as trading multiple pieces of wargear for another set on the sicarians.

baring that, i type a close approximation in word/excel that emulates their printout and do it the slow way through the codex.

i feel the force requisition feature is more for keeping track of what unit's you've committed yourself to building for your collection, so you have a standing list of what models you physically own, with which you can look back at as a quick reference when making a list on the fly.

It makes you wonder if the "replacement" problem on the Alpha isn't actually a problem?  I modeled my Ranger Alpha with just his pistol, but now I'm concerned I may need to stick the loose Galvanic Rifle on there somewhere so he can use it!  Hopefully a FAQ is forthcoming soon!

there's nothing wrong with that part; the Ranged Weapons list states you replace the model's existing ranged weapon with the list of 3 optional pistols.  the Melee Weapons list states "a model may take one of the following."

the problem is that the force requisition mini-app has a programming error that makes you choose either a Ranged or Melee weapon, which replaced the default ranged weapon on the model.

if you model your ranger with a pistol, he no longer has his Galvanic Rifle.  the issue is that after doing this in Force Requisition, you're then locked out of the ability to then also give him either a power sword, Taser Goad, or Arc Maul; which you're supposed to be able to.  They wouldn't physically model a weapon load-out on box art models that you couldn't take in your list, so the app is bugged.  The same issue creeped up in the space marine codex when they introduced the Force Requisition app, where you couldn't take a power-fist and a bolt pistol on a model in the app.

Archived