Is this a Nurgle trait?

I wouldn't say unique, but as the Rev. Tiberius points out, it's quite common!

There are quite a number of Nurgle models that do not necessarily have that - or have multiple boney protrusions.

Actually, Single horn jutting from the forehead is quite common gift of nurgle, if you refer to the slaaneshi riders, their for grows on one side of their head, and it stands to symbolize their half demonic nature. Other nurglish traits could be said to be rotten or pale skin of a dead person. Other common signs of nurglite corruption is bloated and diseased looks, mostly, just imagine your typical zombie. 

The single horn used to be a Nurgle gift as Plague Bearers originally had a single horn usually on the forehead. Why they decided to add it too Slaanesh I don't know. Daemonette eyes would have been better.

Anything to do with entropy and decay really, the three circle symbol in any format is quite traditional, and there's huge potential in terms of growths, eyes, or other forms of representation or iconography. Think old style Plague Marines or even on the new Daemon Prince, or tripartite skulls on shoulder pads. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok cheers for the info guys. So what traits would you say are symbolically nurgle?

To me traits that I find symbolic to Nurgle would be:

- Bruised and/or Rotten flesh and bones including swollen or twisted limbs. I would recommend looking at images of Warhammer Fantasy's "Putrid Blightkings" to get what I am talking about.

- Pustules and sores, Nurgle loves all manner of boils, sores and spots.

- Taking on elements of Plaguebearers such as the Mono-horn, Hooves and having one eye. I know Cyclops are usually a Tzeentch thing but you do see artwork and older edition Plaguebearers possess one eye as well

- Animals that spread disease, Mainly Nurgle uses maggots and flies as his motif, But it does not need to stop there. Take inspiration from other pox carrying pests like rats, fleas, ticks and mosquitoes to add some unique spin on you Nurgle warband.

- Rotted/rusted/decayed armour and weapons. A little bit of rust there, some corrosion there. Maybe even a banner made of rotten wood if you want to make icons of Nurgle.

- Poisonous Plants and Fungi. It's been well established that Nurgle's realm is called "The Garden or Nurgle" as it is host to all manner of plants and fungus that expel poison gas, and disease.

- Death itself, as in the Grim Reaper. Often do I see Nurgle champions and Deamon princes use scythes and/or wear a hood to give off the classic death imagery.

Hope these are of some help.

Archived