Fists!

causon13

hey guys,

so people may know that I've been a bit rubbish in choosing and staying with one legion... I don't know how many times I've changed my mind, and sold everything. However... 

I've given myself one last chance to redeem myself.

I started with what colour I liked paint... and it was yellow!!!!!! 

Then I was thinking of a theme, and to me, there's nothing more brutal than a Space Marine who's been through the mill... seen it, done it. So with that in mind I'm converting every miniature to be individual, and in the midst of a battle against the puny traitors. They shall be unconventional and uncompromising... which is why they still survive while their brothers perish.

Expect blood, expect trophies, expect a lot of bare heads!

Alas... 

I've painted three so far (below), but built just a few more. Let me know what you think guys, about the theme and paint scheme etc...

17226873915_d6a076cf6d_b.jpg

17039324280_7388da1602_b.jpg

17039322400_2869f11c9a_b.jpg

16604422274_3549a8934d_b.jpg

16606658693_b89951500d_b.jpg

17225149572_0ff8909a3d_b.jpg

I really like them man! The World eater head is pretty savage lol. Maybe he is a loyalist that the traitors thought would support the warmaster, but given the chance he slipped out of the world eaters at istivaan 5 and hitched a ride with the ravenguard or on his own hijacked ship and headed for terra? It would help explain the butchers nails in his head biggrin.png

see an unsightly arm in the way smile.png

You know, so enraptured was I by the models themselves, I didn't even notice your arm until I read that comment.

As an admirer of all things Fisty, I must commend you on your yellow. And I must ask as to your recipe, as I'm still fighting to get mine just to the level of OK.

I really like them man! The World eater head is pretty savage lol. Maybe he is a loyalist that the traitors thought would support the warmaster, but given the chance he slipped out of the world eaters at istivaan 5 and hitched a ride with the ravenguard or on his own hijacked ship and headed for terra? It would help explain the butchers nails in his head biggrin.png

Thanks mate. Yeah I was going for a savage nature for them. The plan I had for that head and others, was that as these guys have been through hell and back, they're going to have had a few close-calls, and near-death moments... but due to their hatred of the traitorous enemy, they've had bionics implanted and got back into the fight as soon as they possibly could, foregoing any full recovery process...

beauty man they look primed and ready to bash traitors excellent poses so much life in the minis

Thank you. Some hot water on some of the legs works wonders, and you can really get life into them as you say. I tried to go for more natural poses, which hopefully leaves me some freedom for future models too so I don't have any two minis looking the same :)

Great looking fists, they look ready to send the traitors running

Thanks a lot mate. That's the intention... they shall be doing just that!

see an unsightly arm in the way smile.png

You know, so enraptured was I by the models themselves, I didn't even notice your arm until I read that comment.

As an admirer of all things Fisty, I must commend you on your yellow. And I must ask as to your recipe, as I'm still fighting to get mine just to the level of OK.

Very kind! Thanks a lot. My yellow sounds like a long-winded one, but once you're on a roll it is actually quite quick.

1. Prime White

2. 50/50 Tamiya Flat Red (TFR) / Tamiya Flat Yellow (TFY)

3. 25/75 TFR/TFY

4. TFY

5. 75/25 TFY/Tamiya Flat White

6. Tamiya Clear Yellow thinned (3:2) thinner to paint.

The clear yellow really works wonders!

sorry for the double post, but I've made some progress (albeit slowly!).

This is the latest addition to the squad... a rather brooding marine indeed...

17281919455_710f2e3042_b.jpg

Some built guys ready for some paint!

17094151378_4158860786_b.jpg

The 4 guys I now have fully painted! The most I've had completed in over 20 years of painting!

17255948956_af65563386_b.jpg

Archived