Quick DWCS question

3DJutsu

Agreed, if your opponents are cool with it then do it. I'd put it on a TH/SS dude anyway, the Apothecary is a waste of points and the best banner for your buck with DW is Fortitude. No point losing fnp twice when the model dies ;)

Your plan to put it on the Champ would look cool, but I prefer the idea that the Champ is a part of its protection party, not its bearer. Fluff issues in my head :P

On a side note, I really like your Command Squad loadout, it looks very kick ass msn-wink.gif

Heh, thanks. I was deliberating between a DWCS or a DW Retinue to accompany my IntChap and I decided on the DWCS because in my mind I see:

Champ in the middle flanked by TH/SS with the IntChap right behind him urging him to press ever forward unto the maw of my foe and tear its heart out whilst the (now) standard bearer lays down covering fire with his PC and the Medic at his flank to patch up the wounded.

I have MASSIVE amounts of imagination, just very little skill to speak of to transfer it to any kind of medium. XD

On a side note, I really like your Command Squad loadout, it looks very kick ass msn-wink.gif

Heh, thanks. I was deliberating between a DWCS or a DW Retinue to accompany my IntChap and I decided on the DWCS because in my mind I see:

Champ in the middle flanked by TH/SS with the IntChap right behind him urging him to press ever forward unto the maw of my foe and tear its heart out whilst the (now) standard bearer lays down covering fire with his PC and the Medic at his flank to patch up the wounded.

I have MASSIVE amounts of imagination, just very little skill to speak of to transfer it to any kind of medium. XD

Hehe, plus, a kickass halberd, banner and a PLASMA CANNON on a Command Squad is pretty boss :p

______

Don't worry brother, the only true medium is a bolt round through the skull of a heretic !

I wouldn't suggest combining the standard on a champion. All the enemy has to do is send in a unit containing a higher Initiative character (which will be very often) who will issue a challenge. If the DW Champion accepts, there is a good chance he will get his head bashed in at the high initirtve phase, and your unit will lose the effects of the standard for the remainder of the assault phase. Sure, the DW Champion might get a chance at using Feel No Pain (unless he's hit with an attack having the Instant Death rule) for the Standard of Fortitude, but if he is killed then nobody else will get Feel No Pain when Inititive 4 and lower comes around- the same goes for the Deathwing Company Banner and the rest of the unit losing that +1 Attack if the Champion/Standard Bearer is already dead before their order of attack comes up. I need not even mention the Standard of Retribution which is of limited utility (and in any case there is no loss if the DW Champion subsequently dies, the unit (s) already having gained Counter-attack as soon as they are charged), and I need not mention the Standard of Devastation which has all the utility of a hand towel for the DW. It is better to think of the DW Champion more like a Napoleonic Colour Sergeant- he's not the guy who actually holds the standard; he's the guy with the big nasty halberd/pike who cuts down anybody who tries to get near the guy holding the standard! biggrin.png Otherwise, all one's eggs in a single basket is not a good idea to begin with.

Archived