Empyrion's Blight WIP: Test Marine

After three years of working on my Marines Malevolent I decided to start up a second army. It took a while but I have centred on a Nurgle themed Chaos Space Marine force to further my power armour fetish. I didn't want to do stock Death Guard so I did some digging and found that I really enjoyed the background behind the Empyrion's Blight warband. The Empyrion's Blight are a Death Guard warband led by Gideous Krall, a former Death Guard captain. Known as the The Infector of Worlds, he led his warband from the Eye of Terror to wreak havoc and spread the foul rot of Nurgle throughout the Imperium. They have invaded and plunged the Sargassion Reach into conflict, and have also spread a disease, a chaos plague, called the Sickening. Planet after planet had fallen to the contagion, and the Imperium, as well as the Brazen Minotaurs and Raven Guard Space Marine Chapters have failed to stop them. The spreading of the Sickening had become the Empyrion's Blight's, sole purpose as they make their way though the Sargassion Reach; to invade the Kandoor System, a sector of Imperial space teeming with heavily-populated colony worlds. One noticeable physical trait the Empryion's Blight share is their mouths had been replaced by mechanical vents, often corroded by the poisonous fumes emitting from their bodies.

I've taken some liberties with their colour scheme as the greens didn't sit well with me, I opted instead for an old bone. Here's the WIP so far.

gallery_41766_10745_45589.jpg

gallery_41766_10745_50474.jpg

gallery_41766_10745_40958.jpg

gallery_41766_10745_7124.jpg

gallery_41766_10745_43169.jpg

gallery_41766_10745_23700.jpg

gallery_41766_10745_56560.jpg

gallery_41766_10745_55794.jpg

gallery_41766_10745_64691.jpg

There's still a few little bits to go over but I am pleased with the progress so far. C&C welcome.

Cheers,

BT

Looking good, love the blood/flesh in the helmet grill.

Thanks Pearson, I'm going to be doing a mix of blood and filth in all the mouth grilles. I might even get ambitious on some of the models and do some dripping toxic sludge coming out of their mouths. 

Archived