Azkaellon

Helias_Tancred

The reason I ask is because I tried my hand at building Azkaellon. I used parts from the sanguinary guard boxed set and one of our tactical boxed sets.

I wanted a head/face that appeared very noble, calm, and confident. For his armor I went with a sanguinary guard torso and legs. His left pauldron being the standard SG. When it came to choosing a left shoulder pauldron it took a bit more thinking. I finally decided on the flat blood drop with the scroll work over it and the high armored lip that had Sanguinius's name engraved in it. It made sense to me that given Azkaellon's obsession with safe guarding his father primarch that if anyone was going to wear his name first upon his armor it would have been Azkaellon. I didn't go with an angelus styled weapon considering maybe this was before they were developed, or Azkaellon preferred his own distinctive weapons? For his sword I used the shorter wider one from our tactical boxed set given the brief description of his blade in Virtues of the Sons (wide blade). He is slowly descending with his helm in hand and his sword held aloft in salute.

IMG 1351

IMG 1352 (2)

IMG 1353 (2)

IMG 1354 (2)

IMG 1355 (2)

I like your model, but the sword is too small. I will invest in a large one and a MKIV helm

In Virtue of the Sons it said Azkaellon fought with a blade that was wider ... hence why I went with that sword.

Some would say yes he does have stats. Eternal warrior, +1A to models 6", 2+ T4 w3....see where I am going?

Others, who have listened to the audiodrama 'Herald of Sanguinius', would not msn-wink.gif

Azkaellon is not The Sanguinor and neither is The Red Angel (possessed Meros)

Is that official?

Archived