Infiltrate and Outflank

GreyCrow

Hello guys !

Just wanted to ask your opinion on something.

The Outflank rule says that during deployment, you may declare that one unit with this special rule will arrive by Outflanking. The Infiltrate rule says that a unit with this special rule deploys last, and as we all know may be placed anywhere on the table as long as it's 18" away from the enemy (or 12" if no line of sight can be drawn). It doesn't say we have to declare during our "regular" deployment that Infiltrators will deploy in Infiltrate.

Now, my question is : Can I decide to Outflank (or even keep them in reserves for that matter) my Infiltrators during their deployment "turn". Meaning, I deploy the rest of my army if I go first, then the opponent deploys his, then I can decide whether I keep my Infiltrators in reserve or if I Outflank them, keep them in reserves ?

Cheers !

That is a great question actually. I believe the answer to your question is yes. My gaming group has always played it that Infiltrators can chose how they are deploying at the infiltration step of deployment, but we just played it that way and never talked about. It was how we all understood the rule to work, so no one thought to question it.

That is a great question actually. I believe the answer to your question is yes. My gaming group has always played it that Infiltrators can chose how they are deploying at the infiltration step of deployment, but we just played it that way and never talked about. It was how we all understood the rule to work, so no one thought to question it.

That seemed to be my understanding of the rule as well :) 

Archived