MacBrown's Ultramarines

Macbrown

So I've started painting again recently, as my sons have now discovered this consuming hobby. In order to keep myself motivated I've decided to post my progress on here, as I've been lurking for long enough.

My aim is only to be able to have some table standard figures so me and my boys can start playing. We did try it out recently on the kitchen table with bare plastics, a flowery table cloth and maybe some tins as scenery/terrain. The conclusion was that "it wasn't as good as the shop."

So here are a few few grainy photos of my Space Smurfs, and a  Storm Eagle that I started to build recently too.

UM Sergeant

His face does have some shading, this photo just doesn't show it!

DSC 1149

Edited Storm Eagle Start

DSC 1155

Welcome, first and foremost, to the forums, brother. Good to see that you wish to motivate yourself by uploading pictures and making a plog here. And speaking of pictures - you appear to have a decent tabletop standard and clearly you're not afraid to represent battle damage. Kudos. :tu:

Cheers for the positive comments.

The battle damage on the dread seemed pretty straightforward. Quite nice large surfaces to try things out on. I haven't tried any out on the Space Marines yet, but what I would quite like to try is dirt/weathering.

• 2 weeks later...

Painted the pilot and the cockpit.

IMG 20150509 225458

New Image

Pilot is now glued on and I have managed to also glue the cockpit and roof onto the resin part of the model (pictures shortly). This part is from the GW Storm Raven kit. I'm sure a lot of you are aware, but this is a tough model. So many of the resin parts are warped or just don't fit. A lot of extra cutting and filling with green stuff.

• 1 month later...

Stormeagle Cockpit

DSC 1245

DSC 1247

Work on the Stormeagle does appear to have stalled......

But I finished a couple of terminators, a few marines (no pictures yet) and am on the way with a sergeant and a Forgeworld Legion Praetor. I've also done some Cadians and some Khorne Bloodletters, so I have been busy(ish).

Archived