A DIY Chapter - As of yet Unnamed

Hi all, 

I recently started a 30K Alpha Legion force which I am unfortunately putting on hold for now but shall eventually go back too. Whilst I "can" sort of afford a 30K force, the cost is pretty high when compared to a normal 40K marine force. 

So instead for the time being, as I currently do not own a playable army after having sold a lot of my 40k a few years ago when I left the hobby, I'm going to instead whip up a quick 2000 point marine force which I can play with.

Currently working on the fluff and I may start a Topic up over in the Liber Astartes sub-forum sometime but for now I'll give a bit of short fluff. Struggling to come with a name for them at the minute unfortunately.

They are going to be an early founding Ultramarine successor which is mostly codex compliant, but for a few small things. 

One of these is the loss of a tactical squad per company for a sternguard squad instead.

Their armour is white with black shoulder trim, the company color is on their right kneepad and sergeants have black helmets instead of red.

Their homeplanet has quite a small population and is made up of different warrior clans (which unlike fenrisian tribes have technology etc), and has no official governmental body. The homeplanet is loosely based off the Mandalorian's homeplanet in Star Wars, in which all of its populace are trained as warriors from a young age, and their isn't really a government as such.

I should probably write up a topic about them in the liber astartes because I am trying to go pretty in depth with their fluff haha.

Anyway, on to some images of stuff so far! 

The first tactical squad I've built so far:

http://i.imgur.com/nBHWkKS.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/j1SPwJu.jpg?1

I need to drill out the barrels and clean them up a bit. The guy with the MK IV vox backpack will get some wire for his backpack as the resin bit snapped off.

And my sternguard squad:

http://i.imgur.com/H9vmPd5.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/ug3lo1z.jpg?1

The guy in the first image with no arms or backpack will be getting a heavy flamer. All of those that havent got a left shoulderpad are getting the same shoulderpad as the two in the second pic, with the skull in the star which shall be painted black and will be the chapter symbol. (Novamarines use the same image but in white)

And all of those without bolters are waiting on some combi-weapons from FW.

Hope this is a decent enough first post for a DIY Chapter topic!

Many thanks, James

I was hoping that sternguard squad would be all regular bolters plus two heavy flamers. sad.png

Good kitbashing and I like the idea of a sternguard squad instead of a tactical one. Love me dem sternguards.

As for your planet being a Mand'alor proxy, The Old Republic made me like Mandalorians. They fight for the Empire because they seek the strongest foe and that's the Jedi. Translation: Jedi r better than u, Sith newbs. tongue.png

And if you have a drill, I'd suggest drilling the barrels of your weapons, including the flamers. The previous GW one came with drills fit for bolters muzzles, and apparently the current, ridiculously overpriced one comes with lasgun, bolter and heavy bolter sizes. I'm not trying to get you to buy these though; I'm only mentioning them if you already have one of them or more.

Thank you for the comments!

I was hoping that sternguard squad would be all regular bolters plus two heavy flamers. sad.png

Good kitbashing and I like the idea of a sternguard squad instead of a tactical one. Love me dem sternguards.

As for your planet being a Mand'alor proxy, The Old Republic made me like Mandalorians. They fight for the Empire because they seek the strongest foe and that's the Jedi. Translation: Jedi r better than u, Sith newbs. tongue.png

And if you have a drill, I'd suggest drilling the barrels of your weapons, including the flamers. The previous GW one came with drills fit for bolters muzzles, and apparently the current, ridiculously overpriced one comes with lasgun, bolter and heavy bolter sizes. I'm not trying to get you to buy these though; I'm only mentioning them if you already have one of them or more.

I do have some different sized drill bits, and they shall all be getting drilled out! :)

Hopefully should have another update later on tonight, currently have another tactical squad in bits with quite a few FW parts lying around, and a stormtalon still sealed in the box!

Archived