Chaos daemons new lord of war and what this means for you

Chaos daemons have a new lord of war and he's a little useless against us. I thought I'd share my thoughts on him.

S- ap2, instant death, armorbane, melee (hahahah asmodai has a twin brother he takes up a lord of war slot). Rad grenades would really hinder him. He also has a high ws and as a result mind wurm would hurt them a lot.

He has fear and lowers leadership on scouts but beyond that our stubborn nullifies his ability to reduce leadership on anyone else.

He can use your dead characters as teleport homers(he must deep strike). Bikes again would be a good solution as you can shift far away from the dead characters to reduce his ability to arrive where he wants him too. Deathwing are also reasonably tough and they could also reduce the number of targets he could choose to deep strike.

He forces deep strike rolls at -1, our warlord traits table has +1 so vunderbar we can negate it or deathwing assault lets us just come on. The trait however basically makes azreal the choice if you had to kill him, but a generic hq's could get it from a roll off.

Prescience spam is harder without Ezekiel he ups your required warp charges for blessings by +1 (friendly and enemy).

At 375pts, he's pretty lacklustre. Not that he doesn't have anything interesting going on, he's actually got a few nice special rules, but with only a 5++ save, even with T7, there are good chances that he'll die the turn he comes in...which is at least turn 2, because he has to deepstrike. Meh.

Archived