ETL IV Progress Tracker

JGeils81

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone would be opposed to a tracker for your ETL vows? It would be entirely voluntary and informal, just kind of to motivate yourself and keep track of how you are progressing. You can use your own format.

JGeils81
Vow 1:
1. Assault Squad - Touchups and Highlights to go and power wpns and plasma
Updated 7 JULY 15

Assault squad WIP

2. Speeder Typhoon - All metal done, base

Typhoon

3. Venerable Dreadnought - Basecoated, primary colors and washes

4. Predator - Base Coat, metal bits and red done

Pred interior

5. Terminator Squad 1 - Mid base coats
6. Terminator Squad 2 - Primed

Terminator Squad 1

7. Belial - Count as - 90% done

Belial(WIP)

8. Asmodai - Base coats and metal

Asmodai

9. Deathwing Knights w/Perfidious Relic - Primed

Knights 1

Last Progress - 7 July 2015 - two thin base coats on Predator, washes on reds. some bases primed

no pics means that something has been done since vowed for the ETL, but no pics of progress taken yet.
Latest pics are posted as reply

I have not yet formally made my first vow, as I intend to wait until it's all assembled and primed, but here's what I'll be pledging:

1) Sammael on Sableclaw - primed

2) Deathwing Command Squad - basecoated, 1 model completed.

3) Full Ravenwing Attack Squadron with Attack Bike and Land Speeder Typhoon - all primed

4) 8 man Deathwing Knights squad - basecoated, Perfidious Relic completed.

5) Interrogator-Chaplain on bike - primed

6) Librarian on bike - primed

That's nearly 1500 points, and at my rate of output over the last two months, it should be completed with time to spare for a possible additional vow.  Especially since I am taking the summer off from work and will have more time to paint!

Update 5/5/15: All of the units above are assembled and primed and I am ready to enter my first vow!

I usually do this for my self each ETL. If I may make a suggestion? Using text colour, I use Green for Completed, Yellow for anything more than Basecoated, and Red for Primed/Unassembled.

1x Asmodai @ 140pts

1x Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus @ 125pts

==> Plasma Pistol

1x Dreadnought @ 130pts

==> Assault Cannon

==> Heavy Flamer

1x Dreadnought @ 135pts

==> TL Lascannons

==> Heavy Flamer

1x Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought @ 155pts

1x Deathwing Terminator Squad @ 490pts

==> Additional 5 models

==> 10x Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield 

1x Deathwing Terminator Squad @ 475pts

==> Additional 5 models

==> Assault Cannon

==> Heavy Flamer

==> Chainfist

Cheers,
Jono

Sure thing Grotsmasha, I'll do it tomorrow from my laptop. iPad doesn't give me those options.

Ulfgrim, sounds good! Just don't wait too long! June 1st is cutoff for first vow in order to have points count!

JeffJedi, Vow 1:

Librarian in Terminator Armor

Deathwing Squad

Company Veteran Squad

Scout Squad

Tactical Squad

Devastator Squad

My forces are split in half with the green armored squads getting early attention. Base, highlight. shade and glaze for them before I move on to a new color. My Deathwing hit a snag when I found the bone doesn't cover a black undercoat as well as white, so trying something new and brushing white over it. I'm painting the DW a different way this year. Starting skin tones.

Edit: Finished!

You know... if someone were willing to collate the data, I might be persuaded to make a little app out of this. Or perhaps make a way for people to update it themselves too..

Hmm...

Ulfgrim, sounds good! Just don't wait too long! June 1st is cutoff for first vow in order to have points count!

I expect to have these all assembled and primed by the end of this week.  What's motivating me is that I can't paint them until I do so - otherwise I might never "get around" to assembling and priming the rest!

I could do five vows if they were about 300 points each.  I might break down my overall vow into smaller chunks, just to be sure I get it all done.

My strategy is to pledge only as much as I know I can finish in half the time remaining - so if I can do 1500 points in three months, I pledge 750 points for my first vow.  If I get that done in a month, I pledge 500 for my second vow, then 250 if I've got a month left for the third.  This lets me finish the expected amount but gives me a safe cushion in case something happens.  

So for the above, I'll likely do all the Deathwing in the first vow, do the Chaplain and RWAS in the second, and do the Librarian and Sableclaw in the third.  1484 points in three months is manageable for me, and it leaves me two extra vows available if I should complete these with time to spare... in which case I'll have to dig up something new.  I do have a second full RWAS available but I think it would take me a month to assemble and paint it.

I've got 2480 of stuff available to paint after my current vow, I just don't know how much I'll be able to get around to... I don't want to sacrifice quality for quantity, especially since I don't even play at the moment!

My vow

Belial in painting

TDA Int Chap primed

DWCS in painting bases ready

DWK first member in painting rest of the Squad to be assembled

DWTS1 assembled

DWTS2 assembled

DW Dread Assembled base primed

LRC to be assembled

All models Will be on scibor ruins/ancient ruins pattern bases for extra cool effect!

Total point 1999

Hey guys!

Seems awfully quiet in here - I'm just going to assume that we are all so busy feverishly painting that we haven't had time to stop and take pictures / post ;)

So my Vow 1 is:

1) Land Raider with MM + HK Missile (300 pts)

2) Belial (190 pts)

Here's my progress so far (Excuse crappy pic quality):

IMAG0206.jpg

-Primer on everything.

-Land raider has had airbrushed basecoat / shading.

Tonight's mission is to basecoat all the non-bone areas on the LR, then coat with Klear and do the oil washes.

I'm hoping I might even get round to first pass highlights... We will see!

Onwards and upwards brothers!

Finally managed to put a bit of effort in this past 24hrs so thought it was time to add my updates here:

----------VOW 1----------

1 x RWAS Complete

• 1 x Sgt Biker
  • 4 x RW bikers (Bolt Pistols etc...)
  • 1 x Melta RW Biker
  • 1 x MM AB
  • 1 x LS Typhoon

1 x Librarian on a bike with Force Sword

Will update as I go along - will put a LINK to my WIP work once I have created one!

UPDATED as at 20:44 (GMT+1) 16 May 15

ETL Update

Todays(Yesterdays) update.

Assault Squad mostly done

Belial(counts as) primary colors

venerable dread - primary colors

had a 24 hour shift at work fri/sat...so slept most of Saturday then took the kids to see the new avengers so didn't get much done :(

ocre priming , + sepia Wash done

----- VOW 1 -----

Deathwing Knights Squad (245 pts) - 1 Knight Master, 4 Knights, Perfidious Relic

Deathwing Squad (431 pts) - Terminator Sergent SB/PW, 5 Terminator with SB/PF, 2 Terminator with SB /Chainfist, 1 Terminator with Missile launcher.

Deathwing Squad (367 pts) - Terminator Sergent SB/PW, 5 Terminator with SB/PF, 1 Terminator with SB / Chainfist, 1 Terminator with Heavy Flammer.

2015-05-10%2000.26.00.jpg?_subject_uid=2

let's keep it moving

I'm not going to lie, I achieved absolutely nothing this past weekend. Some Nurgle fiend at my daughter's school sent home the flu. My whole household was sick from Thursday onwards.

But this is a new week! And I will see paint brush to model

Got almost ALL of the cloth robes on my veterans done.  Boy am I rusty and do I hate painting that color.  Can finally start on weapon details and power armor.  Hopefully having these guys wrapped up by the end of this week so I can start on the Vindicators!  Vehicles are so refreshing to paint, a lot less tricky spots (aka no cloth)!

I thought painting a Land Raider would be fun.

I was wrong. Very, very wrong... I hated the look (and painting) of those big flat areas. A better painter would have covered them in freehand, but I'm not quite there yet :/

So I'm gonna have to weather the heck out of it and add some chipping to break it up.

So base coats are all on, started weathering with oil paints. Quite subtle now, but building it up a little at a time.

IMAG0234.jpg

Archived