TCOTH's Angels: Bikes 26/03/2016

Ania Redfang

Looking good :tu:

I have some BaC termies coming soon too and I'm looking forward to cutting them around a bit weapon wise to make them 40K compliant.

Cheers

I

Oh very nice Angels there.

Really liking the two Praetors. Was the hooded head on the praetor in cataphractii armour a simple swap or did you have to do any filing/cutting to get it to fit?

Thanks! It was fairly easy. The head is a regular hooded head not a terminator one as they're a bit big, and I just cut off the rounded bit at the bottom and put it in from the back, before you put together the two halves of the torso.

Isiah yeah they're really nice to work with, even if there aren't enough handless arms for my liking, hence underslung volkites...

Thanks

TCOTH

Oh so thats why you under slung the Volkites. I thought it was just because it looks damned cool laugh.png

Now I've seen your hoodie Praetor I might just reassign mine from the 30K World eater pile to the AoV pile, I think he could be the base for a rather nice Belial counts asthanks.gif

I'm really looking forward to seeing whats next, a contemptor?

So last night I played my first game in a long time at my local GW. 1500pts Tactical Escalation against craftworld Eldar. Opponent hadn't played with Eldar before and didn't really understand Maelstrom of war, but we still had fun. Ended up in a 7-2 victory for the Angels.

My list:

Demi Company

Chaplin

Grav command in DP

3 full tacticals in razors

Full assault Squad

Plasma Cannon Devs

Scout Squad

Dreadnought (who I forgot was in the list and didn't use...)

His:

Autarch with mask of no overwatch

2 squads of guardians

D artillery thing

Dire Avengers

Fire Dragons

Farseer

2 Squads of Wraithguard w/D sythes

2 Wraithlords

First turn I vaporised one wraithlord with grav, in hindsight it would have been better to go for the wraithguard as the other lord achieved almost nothing anyway... Other stuff moved up and lascannons on razors all missed. Moved my devs behind a razorback for cover and better Line next turn. Assault squad jumped up. Small squads ran around.

His turn one he moved up, melted the drop pod and charged the command squad with the farseer. Moved everything else up and took some shots.

My turn two, managed to miss all my plasma cannon shots at his nice bunched up wraithguard. Lascannons killed a coupe though, as did plasma and melta from my squads. Assault squad deleted the fire dragons.

His turn two, he basically melted my squads with d-fire... but they sold their lives dearly, the big guns survived.

My turn three, plasma and las and scout snipers finished off one squad of wraiths and the other wraithlord, which had been really ineffective the whole time. Plasma cannons managed two wounds on the other squadbut he took them on the farseer and made both invuls...

His turn three (we knew this was the last turn due to time) he rushed to all the objectives that he could (he didn't really get maelstrom, thought you scored points at the end of the game, despite me scoring cards all the way through...)

Good game,only took one blurry picture part way through, but a nice return to playing and hopefully I'll play a few more games soon (3 week old baby permitting). :)

2016 01 07 17.51.31

TCOTH

Got some more stuff built today (gotta love unemployment...). Finished off the terminator squad and built the Contemptor. Are the cannons too big? Yes, and that's why they're badass.

I went for a plasma cannon to represent the plasma blaster in the terminator squad, just because I don't have two legion plasma guns spare... I think it looks fairly cool, something a bit different anyway.

Next up, a break from BaC with a command and veteran tactical squad, then on to the tacticals.

I can't decide if each and every tactical marine should be on a piece of slate, or if, as I have currently planned, just the veterans and HQs (so command squad, vet tactical squad, terminators, Contemptor). Any thoughts? Maybe just the sergeants...

2016 01 08 13.18.15

2016 01 08 13.18.25

2016 01 08 13.18.36

2016 01 08 13.18.43

2016 01 08 13.57.43

2016 01 08 13.57.37

2016 01 08 13.57.49

2016 01 08 14.04.47

2016 01 08 14.04.51

Thanks! It was fairly easy. The head is a regular hooded head not a terminator one as they're a bit big, and I just cut off the rounded bit at the bottom and put it in from the back, before you put together the two halves of the torso.

Good stuff. I'll have to remember that when I get my hands on B@C!

That's a great looking collection of unforgiven you've got therethumbsup.gif

Your semi cactusfractii are looking sweet too. But I have to admit the vengence battery toting contemptor is super badass (and is that a bit of reposing work on the legs you've done?)

• 2 months later...

I've been a bit lax on working on my Dark Angels lately, mainly been building and using Sisters of Battle or my new Eldar (:O). But I've decided that since I'm definitely going to win the GW army competition (hopefully) I want to flesh out my 1st and 2nd companies of the Angels of Redemption. Starting with a few more bikes to get some grav in my ravenwing lists.

Ravenwing Bike Squad 3

2016 03 26 13.45.08

2016 03 26 13.45.21

2016 03 26 13.45.30

2016 03 26 13.45.50

and some base spray on six Black Knights

2016 03 26 13.50.29

hopefully get some paint on the Black Knights soon, but I am moving house and starting a new job so we'll have to see.

TCOTH

Thanks for the kind words. I am currently in a number of conundrums with this project and want to pick the brains of my brothers here. There are three questions I'm currently mulling over I think.

1) Successor chapter 1st and 2nd Company colours? I have a sizable deathwing force painted black with white robes and red bolters, heresy colours essentially. I'm thinking of either repainting them all to my half and half scheme, or just rebasing to fit the AoR that I currently have? Thoughts?

2) Support Squadrons: How are people running these effectively? I'm drawn towards the Darkshroud for scout and the awesome survivability, but the interceptor potential with the vengeance is also pulling me... and the speeders themselves, I'm thinking either Typhoon missiles or assault cannons, along with heavy bolters... I might run both, one with the vengeance and one with the shroud.

3) Land Speeder models. I don't want six the same, or similar, and so I've been thinking of alternative ideas for land speeders, mostly using the Storm chassis. So far I'm planning one with command gear, like a relay station, and one that stores additional bikes and weapons for the Ravenwing. Does anyone have any other ideas for that sort of thing?

Thanks for any opinions offered, much obliged.

TCOTH

I can only answer the first one as I do not game anymore. 

Your painting style is very good on the AoR and if the Deathwing are anything like them, then I would not repaint a good piece of work. At most, I can see painting the Robes black and redo the Chapter badge to make them either AoV or Consecrators but really I'd just go with rebasing them. If you ever jump into 30k Games, then you have a start on a First Legion Force all ready to go. 

In time, you could add some more terminators in the AoR scheme but make it a lower priority. The First Company AoR don't need a need color scheme but the Chapter badge will be an issue since it'll move from the bone side to the green side. The wings will need to change color in order to pop. The color you used on the wing of the fighter should do the trick.

The Second Company does look neat with a half black/half bone scheme but I really think it should also remain the normal color and just use black as an accent color or for the panels that mark it out as a part of the 2nd (Shoulder Pad, the panel on the bike, etc...)

Archived