Iron Hands - Spartan Redeemer, Dreadnought, Terminators.

KrOOzA

http://i62.tinypic.com/x6iuti.png

Basic list of changes...

Flamers replace Lazcannons.

Extra armour plating added.

Heavy bolters moved up to the top hatch... replaced by redeemer cannon.

Missile launcher added.

Doza blade added. Front ramp/door enlarged and beefed up so it becomes part of the Doza Blade when raised.

Those explodey things added to the front. Housed in extra armour plating that's been blended into the original hull.

Fancy head lights added.

The sides 'at the rear' are a slightly different shape to the stock model.

Had to change the angle so they followed the ill fitting tracks.

The sides are also 3mm higher than the stock model for the same reason.

Each track plate has been reworked with tread added.

That dozer blade is impressive and, dare I say it, innovative. Truly an excellent idea. Great model, brother. :tu:

Welcome to the forums, btw. ;)

Thanks

The Doza is loosely inspired by the FW Sisters of Battle Rhino thing. 'Sorry not up on all the Space Marine names as I usually do Ork models'

Id seen a few examples of Doza Baldes added to LandRaiders and didn't think any of them really fitted with the model. So decided to go my own way.

It's really more of a Riot Shield than a rubble moving blade.

The flamers are from the GW Redeemer kit... just doubles to make them look extra deadly.

The explosive plate things are from the same kit 'the old metal parts' as are the plates on the side doors.

The front ramp/door is enlarged with another GW part... cant remember what from.

Everything else is plasticard and odd bits and bobs.

I don't suppose you have any work in progress pictures of that thing? I'd love to see that project halfway through completion. happy.png

Posted · Hidden by Brother Tyler, May 8, 2015 - Ork model (conversion/scratch build)
Hidden by Brother Tyler, May 8, 2015 - Ork model (conversion/scratch build)

Sorry... primed it before taking photos.

Here's and exaple of my plasticard work. Lots of this sort of thing added to this model.

http://i61.tinypic.com/zx9xzn.jpg

That dozer blade... I... I don't know what to say other than it's blowing my mind. I would NEVER have thought to do it that way. And you pulled it off so well! I legit thought this was a computer render, maybe because of that gray primer. 

Perfect idea, perfect execution.

"KrOOzA Wins. Flawless victory."

The only issue is in reality that ramp won't drop with the dozer blade piling dirt up maybe with angled grater like blades like on the cat H series but that's more of a loader bucket then blade

The only issue is in reality that ramp won't drop with the dozer blade piling dirt up maybe with angled grater like blades like on the cat H series but that's more of a loader bucket then blade

I tried a few different designs before choosing this one. Some looked a little more practical but didn't look half as nice as this one.

My designs mostly concentrate on the aesthetics rather than the practicality as I feel that's more important. Nice when both come together but sometimes you have to pick one or the other.

Although I've not modelled it the Doza could have hydraulics enabling it to be pushed forward, raise, tip... which would probably solve those issues.

I'm so disappointed that this isn't actually a model kit that I can buy, put together, paint and game with. Kudos to you good sir I truly am a amazed, please excuse me while I pick my jaw up off of the ground and go and change my pants. :-D

Thanks.

Im thinking of getting another Space Marine tank of some sort to do a similar conversion so will keep you guys posted.  

I was thinking of making something like this...

http://i60.tinypic.com/2wmnozt.png

Basically it's a means of deploying a LandRaider onto the battle field without the need for a huge ThunderHawk.

It would enable a Land Raider to be dropped from high altitude with enough control over its decent to make a soft landing.

The detaches itself, to be picked up later for reuse.

Has this been done before?

Thoughts?

I don't believe it has been done before, no. The only disposable deployment vehicles that I can recall are drop pods. Question: could it be possible to take this design further and add in a servitor cockpit node or something?

Sky's the limit I guess.

Though my concept is strictly a deployment mechanism.

Not 'turning a Land Raider into a Gunship' sort of thing.

I think the latter would meet with quite some protest if you tried to use it in game lol

I guess some sort of automated device that allows the unit to return to where it came from would be a good idea.

The legendary KrOOzA doing Space Marines! Didn't expect that. Great work, man, really outstanding design and execution.

Yeah I have a few bits....

Spartan... Terminators... Dread.

Im planning on getting the other items once Ive sold off my old stock.

Plan is to make a small but powerful unit. Bit like the Legion of the Damned.

However Ive gone for Iron Hands as FW do some nice modles of those and the paint job is easy ;)

Heres a list of what I have and what I'll be getting...

http://i58.tinypic.com/jrfi4x.png

Archived