Iron Hands - Spartan Redeemer, Dreadnought, Terminators.

KrOOzA

Not played a game of anything GW since I was a kid. And Im now 40 lol.

Im really just into the modelling side of things with forever the intention of playing ;)

As for the price... well nowadays I think the difference in FW prices to GW prices are pretty slim when you compare the detail quality and overall designs.

These days I personally think FW often offer more value for money than GW... if your willing to spend £250+ to avoid the postage charge.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't really say anything that hasn't been said. I was soo confused at first. I didn't know if I was looking at a computer render or a new Forge World model that I had somehow missed. That tank is AMAZING!

I really wish you had some progress pictures on it so we could see all the different parts without the primer.

I want one of those!

The Dread has had the wings removed and a few things added.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2nuksg9.png

I chose the chaplain dread as I was going to make Legion Of The Damned.

But then decided to do Iron Hands simply because Forge World make some really nice models of them.

The missile launcher is made from several bits. There's a couple of bolters either side to beef it up further. Although when finished these will not look like bolters. 

The large gear wheel is from a SteamPunk broach.  

Everything is coming together really well, the only thing I'd note is the odd look the shoulder pad on the front of the dread gives. Seems a bit random as a faceplate.

I think that'll look a lot better once the model is painted.

It does rather look out of place at the moment ;)

All looks good, That Spartan really looks the biz. Also, I REALLY like the idea about the LR dropper. This might have to be assigned to my Forge's to do list. That is if you don't mind me taking..well stealing your idea.  

All looks good, That Spartan really looks the biz. Also, I REALLY like the idea about the LR dropper. This might have to be assigned to my Forge's to do list. That is if you don't mind me taking..well stealing your idea.  

Go for it ;)

So I got round to doing a bit of painting.

Black base coat and a simple metallic dry brush to start with.

I think the new head worked out pretty well and fits in nicely now everything is the same colour.

http://i57.tinypic.com/28rp081.png

Archived