Space Marine Medical Drama

Are there any stories that feature Apothecaries actually being doctors? "The brave apothecary bravely slaughtered his way through his enemies and then killed his bro and harvested his organs" is not exactly rare and a medical mystery is not exactly... par for the course, but, I just got wondering if there are any appearances of apothecaries doing the REST of their job.

Or a Sister Hospitaller or any 40k doctor, really.

Legion of the Damned by Rob Sanders, Excoriator Apothecary does some surgery other than extraction of gene seed.

A short story in the Tome of Fire by Nick Kyme( Emperor's Deliverance ) Sister Hospitallier

And another short story about an Apothecary trying to fight a plague, will try to find story and post later.

Legion of the Damned by Rob Sanders, Excoriator Apothecary does some surgery other than extraction of gene seed.

A short story in the Tome of Fire by Nick Kyme( Emperor's Deliverance ) Sister Hospitallier

And another short story about an Apothecary trying to fight a plague, will try to find story and post later.

I stand corrected! laugh.png

I'll have to take a look thumbsup.gif

One that comes to mind that may be of interest, although perhaps not entirely what you're after, is the short story "Apothecary’s Honour” by Simon Jowett, in Dark Imperium - it's a good little story either way, but does partially grapple with what you're interested in and may be a bit off the beaten track!

Sweet! I wouldn't expect a story that reads like an episode of House starring an Apothecary, but it's good to know the medics get a little bit of love. I'll look for these. Thanks for the suggestions, and keep em coming! (If indeed there are any more.)

Sweet! I wouldn't expect a story that reads like an episode of House starring an Apothecary, but it's good to know the medics get a little bit of love. I'll look for these. Thanks for the suggestions, and keep em coming! (If indeed there are any more.)

What, like this?

What, like this?

laugh.png Perfect!

He certainly has the temperament for it.

any 40k doctor, really.

Dorden gets a fair few storylines in the Gaunt's Ghosts series; there are a few shorts in which he takes the lead.

I also recall, but cannot place a story about an apothecary treating a chaos-y plague, but can't for the life of me recall where I read it. One of the Space Marine anthologies, perhaps?

any 40k doctor, really.

Dorden gets a fair few storylines in the Gaunt's Ghosts series; there are a few shorts in which he takes the lead.

I also recall, but cannot place a story about an apothecary treating a chaos-y plague, but can't for the life of me recall where I read it. One of the Space Marine anthologies, perhaps?

His name is Meric Voyen Garro's company apothecary in Flight of the Eisenstein "Afterward, Voyen told Garro that he was renouncing his oath as an Astartes, deciding that he had proven himself unreliable to his battle-brothers. Garro encouraged him to stay, but Voyen declared that he was a healer first and a warrior second, and so was going to dedicate his life to finding a cure for the Rot that claimed Decius." http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Meric_Voyen

His name is Meric Voyen Garro's company apothecary in Flight of the Eisenstein "Afterward, Voyen told Garro that he was renouncing his oath as an Astartes, deciding that he had proven himself unreliable to his battle-brothers. Garro encouraged him to stay, but Voyen declared that he was a healer first and a warrior second, and so was going to dedicate his life to finding a cure for the Rot that claimed Decius." http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Meric_Voyen

I'm actually thinking of another story, where 

an apothecary is researching the cure to a plague, but it turns out one of his brothers has turned traitor and is deliberately infecting marines with it. Or something.

Archived