baal predator loadouts

Emprah2508

In the future when I get a baal pred I don't know whether to give it an assault cannon because four strength six rending shots is really appealing but then there's the flametorm cannon with strength 6 template I'm leaning towards assault cannon I'm not sure feed back would be greatly appreciated.

I'm young with not much money or experience so magnetising it isn't really an option

That sounds like a good reason for why you SHOULD magnetize.

A set of magnets will cost you less than $10 to get delivered to your house. A second Baal Predator will cost more than 8 times as much. You can find guides on how to magnetize your models on Youtube.

Magnetise it smile.png

And everything else in the codex...

I'm young with not much money or experience so magnetising it isn't really an option

I magnetize everything because I dont want to buy 4 of everything to cover how I'd run it..

For example, on a Stormraven:

$70/each on Amazon, where you've got your dakka-boat with Ass. cannons and hurricane bolters or your Skyhunter with lascannons...$140

Or you magnetize $70 for the weapon system, then $2 for the required magnets... $72.

I'm more of a collector than a player and I've apparently got more money than sense (although I dont have much money, so what does that say about my sense?) so I actually prefer to have 2 Storm Raven loaded out differently than having one magnetized.

On topic, I think the forum is generally agreed that Assault cannon and heavy-bolter sponsons are a much better choice.

The flamers are strong, but very short range and you dont want to get your rear armour 10 vehicle too close to anything S4 or more, or anything with grenades.

Since it doesn't have Torrent, the Flamestorm Cannon is kinda bad.  Heavy Flamer sponsons are a bad idea, too.  I think the only way to run a Baal is with Assault Cannon/Heavy Bolter sponsons, at least unless something major changes in the next codex (which is probably 2-3 years out).

Magnetizing is probably your best bet, but I can understand the hesitation in wanting to do it.  Trust me, the magnets aren't that expensive and they go a very long way.  Just gotta line 'em up right!  But you probably won't go wrong with the configuration above.

AC, and Hbolter sponsons variant has done me proud whenever I field it. And I personally shy away from magnets because I like my pieces to be permanent, with magnets they seem more like toys imo (and even if they are I try to convince myself through various means they they are not!)

AC, and Hbolter sponsons variant has done me proud whenever I field it. And I personally shy away from magnets because I like my pieces to be permanent, with magnets they seem more like toys imo (and even if they are I try to convince myself through various means they they are not!)

I know exactly what you mean. The permanent model build up a history, having it change every game seems like a new model completely...maybe I just need to get more games in.

I know exactly what you mean. The permanent model build up a history, having it change every game seems like a new model completely...maybe I just need to get more games in.

I kind of agree with you guys, but I think it's far less of an issue on vehicles than on infantry models due to sculpting issues. 

Weapons are generally mounted in the same way on a vehicle, but an infantry model wielding a thunder hammer should be posed in a completely different manner than one one with dual pistols IMHO

I'm the kinda guy that sticks with one thing then digs in his heels and doesn't budge an inch unless it costs me money. Currently I'm building two armies (BA an SW) with a third (GK) next on the block. I lost the people I play with so I'm teaching my family how to play. I should be moving back to the Seattle area sometime this year and near to my friends again. One of my friends is a huge fan of Space Wolves and the other can use my Grey Knights until he builds his Tyranids army. I magnetize everything. With the exception of a few things like infantry. And stuff that will never change. Like some Dread layouts. I'll never use the stormbolter if I can help it on my close combat dreads. Heavy Flamer and Melta all the way.  But tanks? All three of them will be magnetized just in case GW comes out with something cool to replace the current flamestorm.  I don't want to give GW any more of my money than I absolutely have to. Which is why I buy old parts on the cheap and Frankenstein them together to a working whole. I found dread parts that someone used to create wreckage and I bought it months ago. A few weeks ago I found feet and legs and had a working dread for a third the price. I already had a face-plate cause they so kindly give you all three so what was supposed to be 2 Death Company Dreads became a Furioso dread and a Death Company dread. look on ebay for deals like that. collect the parts you can. I still have chunks of a Raven that I don't even need for a 2000 pt army, but if I can get it on the cheap then why not? Who knows when someone will want a huge 3000 point battle?

Archived