How much is a bog standard sanguinary guard squad worth?

If you're talking money - whatever the seller wants to sell it for.  The GW website will tell you the RRP.

If you're talking points - whatever the codex says they cost.

Sorry for being deliberately vague, but if you don't own the codex, you shouldn't really be fishing for what's in it here (if you do own the codex, why would you need to ask?).

Do you mean worth as in how effective are they? It depends largely on what the target is.

Running a bog standard SG into a Knight isn't really effective and thus isn't worth it. Running the same squad into a pile of +3 figures ends up being more effective and thus their worth is higher.

If you are looking for point costs, you may be able to find stuff on the internet but I would not waste your own time looking for that information here. Your best resource is to purchase the codex yourself.

He was using a supplement thing from the 80's in the end lol. I used to collect blood Angels and can remember some of the points values from the old codex and we just kinda guessed and filled in the blanks. Not an ideal situation. Me and my mate told him were not playing him again until he gets the new codex.

He was using a supplement thing from the 80's in the end lol. I used to collect blood Angels and can remember some of the points values from the old codex and we just kinda guessed and filled in the blanks. Not an ideal situation. Me and my mate told him were not playing him again until he gets the new codex.

Sanguinary guard first showed up via the circa 2009 codex. Was he using a book called "Angels of Death"? I don't think any of those stats and number translate at all to 7th edition.

If we're talking about the circa 1999 mini-dex, that is easier to convert but is so far out of date that you're actually cheating yourself more than anything.

There was a free White Dwarf codex that was the replacement for the 1999 one. That is a bit easier to convert but still really out of date and overpriced.

You're buddy really should buy the latest dex. He is only hurting himself using anything older.

I know spagunk. It could have been one of the 90's supplement thingys. It looked really old. Me and my other mate have only had 6 games so we're still learning. We thought rob could help us out because he's been playing for years but has had a long break from the hobby so it turned out me and bri actually know more than rob with 7th edition rules. ( rob is the blood Angel) it just complicated things to the max when he pulled out that old supplement. The game lasted 12 hours. From 2 in the afternoon till 2 in the morning GMT lol. 3000 pts a team. Bog standard game. It was awesome though

Archived