Thoughts on Vanguard Squad

Hello Brothers

I am building a Vanguard Squad, and just looking for your thoughts on this load out.

5 Vets plus Sarg (6 models total)

- Sarg with Relic Blade and Storm Shield, Melta Bombs

- Vet with Power Fist and Storm Shield

- Vet with dual Lightning Claws, Melta Bombs

- 3 Vets with Chainswords and Bolt Pistols (1 with Melta Bombs)

The idea is that I am throwing this into a Land Raider, and will have Mephiston and Corbulo ride with for a little fun happy dance. OR Regular Libby and Corbulo, or Reg Libby and Reg Priest.

Thoughts?

I've read here too, that I should maybe take the dual LC vet with a PF and a single LC so it still gets the extra attack for 2 CCWs, and I could, but I'd have to rebuild the vet as I've already modeled it with 2 LCs (Saw the post after i had already built it).

This Squad will be going into a 4K game I'll be playing this weekend.

That's a large basket full of even bigger eggs! But it'll no doubt be effective if it gets to make the omelette ;)

Can't argue with Corbs and Mephiston if the guys are on foot, they'll help the unit and also deal some nice damage themselves. Also buffs! Biomancy (if you want to risk it) could be hilarious here, but sanguinary also works quite nicely with quickening and unleash rage combined with the red grail for some ridiculous cc power.

I like that loadout quite a bit, but I would abuse the cheap SSs more. I would split the LCs to separate Marines for the ap3 and reroll to wound, then give them SSs and leave the melts bomb to the unshielded guy. You lose some attacks, but gain more overall survivability, and more Ap3 attacks.

Archived