New to warhammer and painting

Paland

Hallo.

Im new to Warhammer 40k and never paintet befor, so i woot love to get some feedback on it. May it be tips, advise, criticism or on the color scheme.

Not sure how to upload images directly to a post, if anyone can help with that too. I will be thankful.

Thank you in advance

Welcome to the forum mate.

Looks very nice for your first paintings. Clean and some battle damage / highlights too.

You can show them directly with using the img -tag.

Anyway not sure if tau are allowed at these forums. It was a Spcae Marine/Chaos Space Marine Forum when I was here the last time.

Thanks smile.png

and Ups about the space marines. Im gona go with Blood Angels with some Space Wolves, But i got some free used Tau, so I hade something to practice on. Befor I start on the real army. Really looking forward to painting Lemartes, Astorath and Thunderwolves. Just want to get a little better befor starting on them. Especially befor starting on the Thunderwolves :)

I suggest building and painting standard troops and stuff before you take your brush to the eyecathcers of your army - when you are new. You can earn expirience and get settled with your color scheme this way. Trying things out on alien scum is the right way too. ;)

I suggest building and painting standard troops and stuff before you take your brush to the eyecathcers of your army

That's was my plan too.

Cant wait to see the look on the Tau face's when a unit of death company with Lemartes or Astorath, chaging in for some playtime :D

Well first off, this is a Humanity only forum so the mods will most likely remove your pictures.

BUUUT, if you are new to painting and those are the first miniatures you have painted then I can tell you this: You have a bright future ahead of you. Because those are great.

Velkommen til B&C, broder.

Seconded.

Depsite being vile xenos scum these mini's are very good and you should be very proud. From a painting standpoint I would recommend you use some washes/inks/glazes especially when painting red, blue or green as they really can give rich colour and strong depth to your minis (apologies if you have, they must be not as strong as I am used to)

Oh one other tip, when photographing your minis try putting some white paper down on the surface with the miniature on top and try taking the photo against a white background. Your models will look even better and provide more eye candy to us in here. 

Just a couple of suggestions to help you get the most out of your models, my friend. Keep it up, the future's bright, the future's ULTRAMARINES :) :) :)

Xenos links removed. 

Paland, please note that B&C and the Forge section in particular is a no-Xenos area. No pictures or discussion on Xenos is allowed. Since you are a new member I suggest you go through the forum rules once and feel free to ask any moderator should you have any questions. 

If you want to upload images (that are B&C compatible) you can use the "image" tool that you'll find in the top of your editor (it's the blue-ish rectangle). All you need to do is to copy the image url in the field provided. 

Welcome and feel free to ask any question you may have regarding forum rules. 

Captain Semper 

The B&C moderating team

Haha, I always had this image of an Assault Marine holding on the back (or front) of a Battlesuit, krak grenade in hand ready to bury it into the Xenos machine before activating his jump pack and springing off again

Come to think of it, that's pretty good and I may have to do it myself :)

Archived