ETL IV Angels of Absolution Updates (GrandMasterSapphon)

TheHyperion

Progress update: about halfway through my second biker... I got distracted by Slaanesh and his tempting powers..... A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy i suppose.( i painted 5 chaos models when i coulda finished the biker...) anyways ive learned from this I deeply hate painting DV bikes due to their small useless details in hard to see or reach spaces. I don't know how the other bikes compare but they are hopefully nicer. I also would like ro try normal dark angels as my skills got much better while painting chaos... Slaanesh must have gave me a "gift"....

• 2 weeks later...

An update not that people care but this is to keep me on track. I stopped painting my second biker and went on to the sergeant, I also went back to painting normal ravenwing which is an enjoyable scheme now that I know what I'm doing more so. I may go simple green the second biker once I am done with this one. Sorry brothers, I am now more of a fallen angel, I will attempt to finish my etl vow for Dark Angels but after that they may be going on the shelf in favor of Emperor's Children. I love Dark Angels but they are the most neglected of the "big four", the idea of a new codex also scares and delights me, I do not want the models I paint to be obselete, or have to run greenwing or something :P.

Anyways Good luck in etl!

~Sapphon

The Fallen Angel

I am going to be repainting my AoA army soon - but question is, do I go with red bolters or black ones??

I will be posting pics like people suggested tonight, but I personally enjoy the black more :D

IMG 3773

IMG 3772

IMG 3771

IMG 3770

Here they are, the bolt pistol one is complete in my eyes, the second one I may simple green or just finish out, and the last biker (the sarge) I just started yesterday really so that is still very very wip.

Not gonna say enjoy because it's not like they are eye candy or anything, but there you guys go :D

~Sapphon

I am going to be repainting my AoA army soon - but question is, do I go with red bolters or black ones??

When I was painting my AoA assault squad, I tried both black and red weapons. I ended up sticking with the red, as there just wasn't enough color contrast and variety with the black.

• 2 months later...

When I was painting my AoA assault squad, I tried both black and red weapons. I ended up sticking with the red, as there just wasn't enough color contrast and variety with the black.

Has anyone tried the 'Vraks'-style black bolters with red stripes? I believe they used that scheme for both DA and AoA. I'm thinking about using the idea for a few upcoming models, once life settles down.

Archived