Battle Company

Charlo

So my take on the ASM thing that they intro'ed in 5th/6th is this:

Who is to say you couldn't drawn more ASMs from other companies?

A strike force came from different squads that are available during a campaign. Why not paint up your 6 squads as assault marines from the 2nd, 3rd and 7th companies? That's how I saw the justification for a 6 squad assault marine force.

Though, you can still do that now since formation/detachments are a thing but back then, I never saw a problem.

The whole point of the reserve company is to loan out extra units to other companies. Being a codex chapter means mixed company armies, its the aberrant Dark Angels who believe in putting all their veterans and recon units in one basket.

Mixing battle companies makes less sense. They need their assault marines.

If you want more assault marines than the 7th company could reasonably lend you, just use death company (or Vanguards I guess, the BA first company used to be all jump packs and terminators before 5th ed gave us Sternguard).

Meh.

If the new Space Marine codex really is leaps and bounds better than our current BA dex, I'll just run my Redeemers with the Vanilla Marines 'dex and run a small BA allies detachment when I want to run Priests / DC / Furiosos.

Meh.

If the new Space Marine codex really is leaps and bounds better than our current BA dex, I'll just run my Redeemers with the Vanilla Marines 'dex and run a small BA allies detachment when I want to run Priests / DC / Furiosos.

You and me both Mr. Maru, it really pains me to say but I may just play Damn unbound.

One thing that is already worrying is that double handed chainsword in the new assault kit, if that's a new weapon then it's kinda stupid the chapter known for a love of RAS doesn't get it...

That said I'd only main vanilla if thier decurion is VERY effective.

I know its way too much to hope for, but a little light at the back of my head says "when the new BA kit comes out next week, it'll have those new Space Marine chainsworda and we can add them to our current BA models and use the new rules".

Cuz, y'know, GeeDub are so thoughtful like that. msn-wink.gif

Archived