Advice Wanted! Blood Angel tips would be appreciated.

TheHyperion

Greetings Sons of Sanguinius!
I am currenly coming up with a new idea for my dad for his blood angels army for his brithday. I had made a topic earlier titles death company which I discussed painting white with people and got many helpful hints(thanks btw). But I have recently discovered that my Dad does not like successor chapters, so I need to come up with something new to do, the white death company from angels encarmine are no bueno. I would like to paint maybe a dreadnought (furioso kit) but I definitely want to paint something unique to the blood angels codex (or at least something that is common for them like an assault squad) I would like my model(s) to stand out from the rest without being a special character( I dont trust myself to paint that high of quality).
Thanks from the Rock!
~Sapphon

Well I think you have a good option in the librarian dreadnought as it is unique to blood angels and has a large base colour in red but also allows you a bit of freedom in the fact that he is a librarian.

Also with very little work it can be magnetised to the furiso with all variations.

I'm a huge fan of the Furioso in general, but if you want something fun and unique maybe look for a Death Company Dreadnought on Ebay or something (from the Shield of Baal: Deathstorm box); could probably get it on the cheap, too!

Ok coo, thanks everyone, I think I will be making the right switch then, I don't know which dreadnought I'll paint but make sure to update this when I get there. If anyone has other ideas (curiousity) I would be glad to hear them!

I kinda like that idea except I am thinking hed want his army a bit more uniform than that (other than his tac squad, baal predator, land raider all being from 2nd ed....)

Command squads could use a different mark of armor. It makes sense for them to have non uniform gear compared to the line infantry. Also a new toy from the new codex.

Just an update. I wenr to the store and they had no furioso dreadnought so I ended up getting the blood angels librarian. I hope this goes well.

Thats the same thing buddy :) That box makes the DC dread, the Furioso or the LIbrarian Furioso. 

Just an update. I wenr to the store and they had no furioso dreadnought so I ended up getting the blood angels librarian. I hope this goes well.

Thats the same thing buddy :) That box makes the DC dread, the Furioso or the LIbrarian Furioso.

Lol no, i mean i got the blood angels terminator librarian lol my bad for not specifying.

Archived