Your favourite armor Mk and why

Beakies! wub.png However, since being more active in this neck of the B+C, I've come to like Mark IV and Mark III. In fact Mark III has become the second favourite after my brief painting splurge a while ago happy.png

Whilst I don't hate it, Mark V is my least favourite. It looks neither one thing or another.

MKIII. Being a massive Dark Angels BLACK TEMPLARS fan, it sits very nicely with the knights in space theme.

heh, I had to!

I actually quite like the MK V. to me it denotes a time when the Imperium was forced to fight with an inferior warplate and still win! 

and it lends itself well to kitbashing so, bonus.

but, my favorite is hands down MK IV. just something about it.

For me, I have to say all of them.

Each Mark is so different than the others that they all appeal to me.

Crusade Armour: Like others have said, it represents Humanity's Greatest Moment the looks of the torso and legs are just right to me.

Iron Armour: This armour just screams "I HAVE COME TO censored.gif YOU UP! AND POPCORN. i LIKE POPCORN!" This armour pattern is just straight up brutal, and I love it.

Maximus Armour: If Crusade represents Humanity's Greatest Moment, Maximus represents Humanity's Greatest Acheievement. It looks so sleek and sexy, perfect for superhuman warriors who kill everything with rocket-launching rifles.

Heresy Armour: If Crusade and Maximus represent Humanity's Greatest Moment and Achievement respectively, Heresy represents Humanity's Darkest Moment. I love the studs, and the helmet is probably my favotite.

Corvus Armour: Beakies, man, beakies.

Aquila Armour: Humanity's Bulwark, the Shield Against the Darkness.

For me I personally love all of them. When I first started I liked mk 3 because hey I'm a templar and anything looking like crusade plate is awesome. I love the sheer brutality of the armor and it exemplifies the space marine. But after I started looking at night lords I grew rather fond of mk 4. It has this cool sci fi edge to it that I really like. Mk 2 is my least favorite mostly because of the helm. I don't like how the helm is just a visor without the separate lens. Mk 5 also holds a spot for awesome. I've always been a fan of rivets.

For me mk 2 is too much fantasy while mk 4 is too sci fi. I think the reason for mk 3 being so popular is because it exemplifies 40k in a nutshell. A weird mix of sci fi and fantasy that somehow mix together to make an awesome product. It reminds us why 40k is awesome.

Mk III Iron armour and Cataphractii terminator armour are my all out favourites. They both look badass and brutal. Nothing in my Salamanders army don't have them. Pyroclasts especially roock the Mk III look.

And While I do favour Mk IV and Mk VI for my RG the sleek look just doesn't compare to this :-

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/large/Pyroclasts5.jpg

I'm a very firm fan of Cataphractii terminator armour. Cataphractii just appeals to me, as I feel it looks so brutal and imposing - it isn't elegantly designed it is just simple killing power. To me it screams no nonsense, "outta my way, I got people to kill!" looking like a walking tank. 

Power armour I go for MK IV these days. I just think it has a nice sleek, smooth and 'techy' appearance. It offers a nice contrast to the Cataphractii. 

I used to love MK III. From the moment FW released it, I decided that it would be the predominant armour my Iron Hands wore. But after hand painting over 150 marines in MKII and MK III in black, I have decided that I never want to see it on my painting table again. 

Ironwrought Huw, on 20 May 2015 - 4:18 PM, said:

I'm a very firm fan of Cataphractii terminator armour. Cataphractii just appeals to me, as I feel it looks so brutal and imposing - it isn't elegantly designed it is just simple killing power. To me it screams no nonsense, "outta my way, I got people to kill!" looking like a walking tank. 

Personally, the reason why I like Tartaros suits so much, is because they look basically like babby Contemptors. ^_^

For my fists Mark III is my personal favorite. It just fits with the siege/void warfare aspect of their character.

For my ravens give me a mountain of beakies! Sleek sneaky awesome and named after the Ravens primarch!

Personally, the reason why I like Tartaros suits so much, is because they look basically like babby Contemptors. happy.png

Which book has the specific rules for Tartaros suits? I just looked up HH: LACAL and there's only GC era suits and Cataphractii mentioned.

Personally, the reason why I like Tartaros suits so much, is because they look basically like babby Contemptors. ^_^

Which book has the specific rules for Tartaros suits? I just looked up HH: LACAL and there's only GC era suits and Cataphractii mentioned.

There aren't. Tartaros come under 'Terminator Armour' and Cataphractii are the only ones with seperate rules. So far anyway.

@Isinfier, that art book idea sounds excellent, I'd love to see that.

It's either that or put together a non-official, fan-made 'comprehensive guide to power armour.' There's plenty of artwork dotted about the internet and in the new HH books, so it would certainly be interesting.

Am I the only one who doesn't like tartaros? It looks too much like a space marine for me to like.

Nope.

Cataphractii forever. I think the Tartaros looks too much like regular power armor and that it was made to blow the minds of those poor, demented True Scalers.

Personally, the reason why I like Tartaros suits so much, is because they look basically like babby Contemptors. happy.png

Funny, when I see Tartaros, all I can think is " Obese Mk. IV plate".

Funny, when I see Tartaros, all I can think is " Obese Mk. IV plate".

Yeah...those World Eaters...they eat too much.

"Angron looked upon his new gene crafted warriors - brutal affairs each at least a head and a shoulders taller than a normal man. They carried in one hand a heavy chainaxe, and the other a Space Culver's butterburger. Their guts were wide, like the arena pits Angron had fought in just recently...their loping gait was akin to a waddling penguin.

'My Sons!!!' The red angel cried, 'I once named my warriors the Eaters of Cities...but you...you really take the cake in that category!'

Angron sniggered in an ironic matter deceptive of his brutality.

'My lord primarch,' a warrior named Kharne Asada waddled up, ' I know this is an important and joyous affair, but I had no idea we were to have cake to celebrate.'

He red angel shook his head in disgust before walking out an airlock.

-Apocryphal stories from the primarchs

Archived