Your favourite armor Mk and why

I might mix some kits for my Alpha Legion, but generally, want to try and stick to the book images. And those so far have shown MKII, MKIV and MKVI for the power armour and Tartaros and Cataphracti Termies. If FW is not going to release any Fluffy models for the Headhunter Teams or Lernaean Termies, then those might be good to use for modelling them imho.

I do love MKIII as well though, but those will probably be (along with MKII) for Iron Warriors msn-wink.gif

Cataphractii and MK II/III because as a front row prop, you need to just trundle up the centre like an armoured gorilla, none of these fancy nimble new armour marks! 

Your rugby Primarch thread is still a great read btw :)

• 2 weeks later...

M4 all the way.

its the end all be all of power armour. its supposed to be the most advanced armour mark and frankly i think its plain cool.

also its one of the 2 marks that just scream HH to me. (the other being M3, im just not sold on the XXth being a fan of it)

I myself like Iron or Crusade armour, thos seem iconic for the Great Crusade and Heresy to me. As for termy atmor I'm partial to the sleeker lookong patterns, Cataphracti just seems to bulky to me. the fanboy in me likes Gorgon the best :)

• 1 year later...

Well, since this thread is back up, I'll go ahead and say Mk III is my favourite but my wallet likes Mk IV better. Mk III evokes the idea of always moving forward with its extra armour to the fore and we all know to always move forward in battle - so says the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer.

MK V - Heresy Armor. Specific to the raven guard, salamanders and Iron Hand's. More specifically the Raven Guard though. With the aftermath of the Istvan and the drop site massacre, salvageable armor was not just a way of refitting the astartee's. It was a NECESSITY!

To me the Heresy Armor denotes a simple idea which must of been a total nightmare to implement under the circumstances. Melding armor plate's of various patterns of armor and in some cases the armor of blown of dreadnought's. It symbolises to me something so much more than a miss match of armor. It in itself is a symbol, allied and traitor armor like, melded together to form a new hope in the deference in a galactic war to come.

Plus nothing like having 6 inch reinforced bolt's extruding from the shoulder and leg plates. All the more spiky bitz for making those heretic's realize they picked the wrong side.  

I've got a bunch of MkIV armor, though I'd be happy with anything MkV and prior (I started Raven Guard) so that makes the most sense to me. I'll also say that MkIII is nice because I also play Space Wolves (40k only so far) and that's what they had the most of (or so I understand).

MkIV to me just looks modern enough to be something I'd wear into battle (willingy) while the ohers seem to offer too many disadvantages or look too old...

Funny how times change: When I was first getting into 30k, before I actually got my hands on examples of all the different armor marks, there was nothing quite like MKIV for me. I still think it's a good looking armor mark, but now that I've actually seen all the bits at one point or another, MKII takes the top spot, especially with that mono-lens helm.

It's the OG armor of Unification and the Great Crusade, yo. Nothing like it.

But all of them have their appeal. Even MkV. Those legs, man.

Archived