Rebeccas Iron Warriors and other projects

Rebecca

Hello!

I've painted just over a year and I thought it was about time to pots some of my miniatures on the internet. 

When I started painting I painted Iron Warriors, and I now have an Iron Warrior/ Dark Mecanicum army of about 1000 points.

I will be posting additions to this army along with some other projects here. 

I'm entering a painting competition at the and of this month and my entries will be a Vorex Battle-Automata, an Assassin and a Penitent Engine. 

Here are some work in progress pictures of the Vorex Battle-Automata and the Assassin:

17758210010_83514cae4f_k.jpg17946472911_12163a43e0_k.jpg17757956678_70f1fa7542_k.jpg17919399446_58b9a43146_k.jpg

Well, it seems like you have the red, black and bronze part down extremely well: The recipe looks lovely! I especially love the checkerboard pattern on the Daeth Cult assassin!

My gut feeling is that the models might profit from an additional spot colour (some blue OSL, for instance, or maybe some white decals for the Vorax?). But seeing how these are still WIP; all that's left to say is: excellent work so far!

Welcome to the forums, Rebecca. Not bad work, I must say. I think the Vorax automata need another layer of red, to smooth out the 'redness', as it's looking a touch opaque in places. The red on the death cult assassin, however, looks much richer. 

Hi Rebecca! Welcome to the BnC

Love your painting so far. The Reds you've got going are especially lovely. I will agree with K-Sci and say I think you'd get a much more attention grabbing effect with a little bit of a blue or green spot color.

Keep up the great work!

A very nice start, welcome to the B&C.

Looking nice, maybe add some chevrons/hazard stripes, every iron warriors needs some of those and it would make a nice contrasting spot colour?

welcome to B&C =)

great work so far (as the Vorax is still WIP? and the lovely Assassin still needs a base^^), and i really like the pose on that Vorax!!

keep it up smile.png

Thank you all for the comments! I really appreciate the feedback!

Well, it seems like you have the red, black and bronze part down extremely well: The recipe looks lovely! I especially love the checkerboard pattern on the Daeth Cult assassin!

My gut feeling is that the models might profit from an additional spot colour (some blue OSL, for instance, or maybe some white decals for the Vorax?). But seeing how these are still WIP; all that's left to say is: excellent work so far!

I don't know if I am going to add any specific spot colours, I'm quite pleased with the way it is. But thanks for commenting on it, I'll think it over!

Welcome to the forums, Rebecca. Not bad work, I must say. I think the Vorax automata need another layer of red, to smooth out the 'redness', as it's looking a touch opaque in places. The red on the death cult assassin, however, looks much richer. 

About the red. I am going to add a little more battle damage, and edge highlight it, but otherwise, I really like the red:) Thanks for the tip anyway! 

Threads like these should come with a 'may damage bank account' warning; it makes it that much harder to not go off and splurge!! Really liking the Vorex, the pose has that velociraptor look. The assassin is very cool too and the red is lovely; I really like the mottled worn red on the Vorex too as well as the oily metals.

In my experience with taking pictures of something painted red, it never looks like the actual color at all. I hope you don't mind too terribly, but I did the same correcting I do on my figure pics with one of yours. I think it shows the depth of the red and weathered layering a lot better.

http://i.imgur.com/uAyHFGp.png

In my experience with taking pictures of something painted red, it never looks like the actual color at all. I hope you don't mind too terribly, but I did the same correcting I do on my figure pics with one of yours. I think it shows the depth of the red and weathered layering a lot better.

Thank you! How did you do that?

However I think the red looks a little too bright. The actual model looks a bit more like my picture... But the background colour looks really nice!  

Thank you! How did you do that?

However I think the red looks a little too bright. The actual model looks a bit more like my picture... But the background colour looks really nice!  

A little playing with the contrast and other things with Photoshop. Something you might check for on your camera is if it has a setting for the type of bulbs you're using. Since I use incandescent lights, I have my camera set to adjust for that and it automatically takes out some of the yellow from the bulbs.

Thanks for the comments!!

Definitely really cool! Do you have any plans to do different types of assassins for your warband?

I have the Callidus Assassin, she'll be a part of my warband as well:)

A little playing with the contrast and other things with Photoshop. Something you might check for on your camera is if it has a setting for the type of bulbs you're using. Since I use incandescent lights, I have my camera set to adjust for that and it automatically takes out some of the yellow from the bulbs.

The Fang (painting competition in Oslo) was today, and here are my last two entries! 

The Vorax: 1st in 40K vehicle

18271382752_f0cb3eaac7_k.jpg

And a last minute Plaguebearer: 1st in Fantasy Single Miniature

18087391630_9d439d82e2_k.jpg

18087316768_02e6f76066_k.jpg

The idea to make the ruff on the plaguebearer came from Gardens of Hecate's tutorial.

The other entries in the competition are here on my Flickr:)

Vorax base: Really pleased with the 'antenna flowers', they're made from watch parts

17653191583_da162c00b0_k.jpg

Edit - Forgot some pictures.

Archived