how are you equipping SoH Reavers

PastelAvenger

Hey all

I've recently purchased 30 Reavers, I'm planning on running a Black Reaving SoH list and I'm wondering how people or decking out their Reavers.

I was thinking of running Squads of 10 to fifteen with 1 to 2 Power Fists and 2 to 3 Power Swords.

Now for mobility I was going to give them Jump Packs.

Recently I've seen some people mentioning giving them Banestrikes as well and I just want some ininput.

Cheers

Pastel

I wouldn't bother with Banestrikes. You shouldn't really be Lacking AP3 in a legion list, and if you were, a pseudo rend is not enough to really offset any limit. It can be fun when it goes off, sure, especially rolling above the odds, but at the same time its really not all that and hurts your units CC ability/cost ratio and wastes fleet for not much benefit.

For CC, max squads sizes and run with a 1:4 rounding up for power weapons.with half that round down power fists (sarge with fist as well). I'd consider giving maybe 5 chainaxes now with AP4 and 5 coming more prevalent. Gives you decent nunber of meatbags and a hefty punch (4 swords, 2 fists, with Rage and +1 attack)

As for JP's, YMMV, but they are better.than assault squads when maxed.in.this.way, but still expensive. You may want to limit upgrades this way.

So I read all that last night and I was asking for actual field experience as a lot of that is theory crafting.

From reading the Tactica also got me questioning why people are taking Banestrike Ammo Ammo.

Thanks Hesh for you're input it's been very helpful

A lot has been said (both in this thread & the other linked), and you seem to have a pretty good idea already. I only use Banestrikes on my Reavers when using models wielding boltguns in the event of me not having enough Reavers, they are pretty underwhelming although sometimes you'll get lucky and just rip through a squad with them. They are a close combat squad first and foremost though and if you want to be shooting people more than you want to be assaulting them, you should use another unit.

Keep the squads as cheap as possible. I always throw melta bombs on the Chieftain & as many meltaguns as able (usually 2-3 if it's 10 or 15 man respectively) as a personal preference based on the people & tournaments I play in. Add in either jump packs or a dreadclaw, and a selection of power weapons to taste and you're good to go.

Archived