An inquisitor from grey knight kit

Hey guys I'm going to have a leftover terminator by the looks of things and I'd love to make him into a malleus inquisitor in terminator armour to fit the army. Any advice on how to make him look more human and more inquisition-like? Also how should I outfit him? Daemon hammer or something?

Well, the inquisitor TDA comes with a Daemon Hammer and Storm Bolter. Off the top of my head I'm not sure that the Daemon Hammer can be replaced, but even if it can, you are wasting those points so I would model him with a Daemon Hammer for sure. For weapons I'd go either storm bolter or psycannon depending on taste. Although for my money a psycannon seems too good not to take for the points. So I'd suggest modelling him that way.

As for how to make him look more human, there's not much you can do there -- TDA is TDA. Could try giving him a normal human head like one of the bare heads from Cadian or Catachan command boxes. Grey Knights are already very inquisition-ish looking, but I'd recommend trying to cover or remove more of the GK-specific iconography while keeping the =][= iconography. Purity seals are a great way to cover up stuff and add to the whole Inquisitor look. Try adding little bitz for character ... he'll still have his psychout grenades so I'd put grenades on him.  A book always looks Inquisitor-ish and can easily become a Grimoire of True Names, Tome of Vethric, or Liber Heresius in-game. If you're good with green stuff, a cloak with fur trim like on Coteaz' model would give him more of an inquisitor feel.

Well, the inquisitor TDA comes with a Daemon Hammer and Storm Bolter. Off the top of my head I'm not sure that the Daemon Hammer can be replaced, but even if it can, you are wasting those points so I would model him with a Daemon Hammer for sure. For weapons I'd go either storm bolter or psycannon depending on taste. Although for my money a psycannon seems too good not to take for the points. So I'd suggest modelling him that way.

As for how to make him look more human, there's not much you can do there -- TDA is TDA. Could try giving him a normal human head like one of the bare heads from Cadian or Catachan command boxes. Grey Knights are already very inquisition-ish looking, but I'd recommend trying to cover or remove more of the GK-specific iconography while keeping the =][= iconography. Purity seals are a great way to cover up stuff and add to the whole Inquisitor look. Try adding little bitz for character ... he'll still have his psychout grenades so I'd put grenades on him.  A book always looks Inquisitor-ish and can easily become a Grimoire of True Names, Tome of Vethric, or Liber Heresius in-game. If you're good with green stuff, a cloak with fur trim like on Coteaz' model would give him more of an inquisitor feel.

Ah thanks, I'll definitely try all those out, I'm sure I have a few imperial guard heads somewhere. Cheers mate.  

Archived