New blood angel bits!

Jorre

Our stuff looks pretty good, might actually pick the sprue up. That winged skull bit I must have by the thousand and a new death mask is welcome given that I don't wish to recycle any of the Sanguinary Guard ones for my counts-as characters. Wish they'd give the nipple torsos a bit of a rest, though.

Transfers are ok, bit disappointed there doesn't seem to be anything for the successors now that the FW sheet is gone.

The hammer and shield on that assault sergeant look awfully stubby, hopefully it's just a bad angle. It looks like the vanilla marines are going to get rules for an actual eviscerator/heavy chainsword given that you get one with the assault squad. If any chapter ought to have rules for that piece of wargear it should be us. We've got the only marine in 40k since at least 3rd ed. (Seth), who actually has one! I feel the black rage beginning to fall upon me.... Not a fan of that cross guard type thing, though. Not sure what's going on there.

Will need to see a better picture of the wolf chainsword to see how much SW iconography needs removing/filling in, but it looks lovely.

censored.gif mate, that's hot stuff! Me recycling bits for my Captain, and a week later, GW brings out these beauties! oh the irony. Ah well. Interesting they've brought out a chalice and wrote "and Chaplains" next to it...they should know nobody will ever have room for a Chaplain, and that chaplain can't have a grail of any sort?rolleyes.gif

Love the decals. Lots of goodies on there.

Snorri

censored.gif mate, that's hot stuff! Me recycling bits for my Captain, and a week later, GW brings out these beauties! oh the irony. Ah well. Interesting they've brought out a chalice and wrote "and Chaplains" next to it...they should know nobody will ever have room for a Chaplain, and that chaplain can't have a grail of any sort?rolleyes.gif

Snorri

They said of the deathmask that it was perfect for sergeants and the recent BA tac box came with an auspex that no one in that unit can use... they're talking in purely aesthetic terms, we know that GW doesn't give a flying stuff about rules anymore. A chalice might make a nice accessory for a Chaplain if you can't think of anything else to do with it.

Snorri

They said of the deathmask that it was perfect for sergeants and the recent BA tac box came with an auspex that no one in that unit can use... they're talking in purely aesthetic terms, we know that GW doesn't give a flying stuff about rules anymore. A chalice might make a nice accessory for a Chaplain if you can't think of anything else to do with it.

I know what I am giving to my priest on bike that is for sure!

Wow, not to totally troll... but $25 for the transfer sheet??  I know there are a lot on there, but that seems excessive.  The ~$13 for the sprue seemed very reasonable - was blown away a transfer sheet would be nearly the cost of a squad.

It's a nice sprue for sure, although it would have been nicer to get a couple of weapons on it instead of all those heads, I have so many spare heads I don't know what to do with them! Transfer sheet is a bit pricey for me.

So the BA sprue comes with a Crunk cup... awesome!!!

One downer about the Blood Angels sprue is that it doesn't have a nifty weapon like the others do. I mean come on, that SW ones got two awesome looking frost weapons. What do we get... a knife.. :(  well I hope its not a relic letter opener of some sort... 

if you read the captions for the decal sheet - they're larger than physical page of the WD. So those scoffing at $25 price tag should reconsider. I remember back in the day the transfer sheets were small enough to fit in a blister/clam pack and you only got 3 sheets for $10-ish.

Archived