Imperial Guard 1st army

Hi

After a few year break from 40k, I've recently returned and was looking up colour schemes for the Imperial Guard or Astra Militarium as it is now!

I noticed there wernt many purple themes anywhere so i took it upon myself to paint my Guard using a Purple theme.

So, I went to my local GW store, picked up a box of Cadian Shocks and after a bit of debate, picked some colours that I thought would look good as a unique theme. 

AND, here are a few of the guys I've had a go at, these guys are not anywhere near finished, just wanted to show you them as a rough idea and get some comments about them.

Cheers

guard Pic 1

guard Pic 2

guard Pic 3

I can use blue wash on one of them and see what it looks like. Thanks for the tip. These guys are nowhere near finished to be honest, just wanted to get a basic idea of what the purple theme would look like. I was leaning towards painting the sergeants helmet a different colour but wasnt too sure what would look the best with purple? 

Any other suggestions for the overall paint scheme though?

Red for the Sergeants' helmets would work with the purple scheme. Or white. Depends on what your guardsmen are good at or are trying to be good at. I really do like the scheme so far. It has a certain purpleness to it that I find very purple. A whole army of these troopers would be a sight to see happy.png!

As we all know, I hate xenos scum and Traitorous villainy. There is no doubt there. So with you taking one of their predominant colours, it really makes me happy (of course I'm talking about the bugs and Slaaneshi worshippers). Anyway, that purple and grey scheme is very striking and the fact that you coloured the "ankle-biters" appropriately brings me unending joy!

So, let's get to the elephant in the room, shall we, Spongy? You have one of the best names ever to grace the B&C, I'm fairly certain. Anything remotely squishy, spongy, or fluffy is impeccable. Don't go getting a big head over that or I will whack you with a pool noodle (someone went and exchanged my lovely eviscerator with a pool noodle) laugh.png!

White is my preference for going with purple - red is nice but only little bits. I think your scheme is already well thought out so I have nothing to add! Have you thought about a basing scheme for them? While urban would match well I think a little more contrast would be better, so perhaps a more normal base or perhaps a desert for some variety?

I'll see what white looks like tonight.

I've started the other 5 guys now, i'll post the pictures tonight!

I havent actually thought about a basing scheme, was thinking more along the lines of an urban theme though, maybe put a bit of building debris on the heavy weapon team base (when purchased) as it is bigger and more space to play with!

Hi again. After a little painting last night, just wanted to show you further progress.

I painted the helmet a very light grey colour aswell as his powersword a bright yellow. (Have been reading tutorials how to make powerswords look immence but havent had chance to try it out yet). The guardsmen have had a small touch up aswell as a few highlights on the weapons. (Probably cant see them with camera quality)

Will do more tonight on these guys and hopefully have a pic of my first squad complete this weekend!

Please look at pics in my profile and comment back here, I'm using my phone to reply at the mo and can't upload pics from it onto here apparantly. Will upload them tonight

Cheers

Archived