Retro Ultras for a long-lost Lord-Commander

Hello Brothers,

With the glorious opening of a Warhammer store in my area I am making the return to the ranks of the Adeptus Astartes. It's been a long hiatus of nearly 10 years and I am very excited. Cue Thomas Bergersen - Birth of a Hero tongue.png

So excited, in fact, I went on Ebay hunting for a cheap starter army. Luckily, I was not to be disappointed with these very cool retro models. Picked them up and they should arrive in the coming two weeks. All together, with upgrades, they make a 750 points list on the dot!

On to the models, bear in my mind these images come from Ebay, I will make new ones as soon as I get the models in my mailbox.

Captain

$ 57

Terminators

$ 12

Tactical Squad #1

$ 57 (1)

Tactical Squad #2

$ 57 (2)

I am going to use this space to chronicle my painting of these exquisite models for everyone's enjoyment and I hope for your encouragement to keep me motivated. Thank you all for looking and I must say, it feels good to post in these halls again!

Ah, the original Mark VII and UM Captain. Those were the days! happy.png And the Terminators are still my faves, despite them being sorely limited in posing options laugh.png

Hey everyone,

The Captain arrived in the mail yesterday and I just finished up painting him. I still need to order a new Backpack for him but beyond that I am quite pleased with him smile.png

2015 06 05 11.08.06

Captain Atramentar of the Emperor's Warbringers 3rd Company, The Centurion Ultra

The Emperor's Warbringers (http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor%27s_Warbringers) are the Chapter which I will use to represent this small force. I have taken some liberties with the colour sheme since I really like the Sons of Horus Colour scheme.

Tonight will be their first deployment in years, wish me luck! biggrin.png

Archived