Falchion...good, bad, ugly?

depthcharge12

Hey I was considering looking at a Falchion since they look pretty cool and I'm lacking in ranged D weaponry (don't have the funds for a Titan).

What are your experiences with it? Does it perform well? Does it die to a hail of fire the first turn? What are some pros and cons?

I think its niche is better defined now that it looks like Titans are getting haywire immunity.  This limits the Glaive (and its steady anti-SHV damage output though multiple haywire hits) to picking on lesser superheavies.  If you've got a titan, battle automata, or a primarch that needs killing, the Falchion might be the solution.

Edit: It may or may not be any good at killing primarchs or titans in a points/damage comparison, just point out that they've carved out some more differentiation between the glaive and the falchion, and that D weapons are generally good against high T multi-wound models (like Primarchs and battle automata).

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's brilliant. It's a focused Super Heavy that can dish out the pain, especially with the Quad Las Cannons alongside the Volcano Cannon.

I feel that in Heresy gaming it's really easy to bring massive amounts of anti infantry Firepower, so a dedicated Tank to deal with armour and occasionally tough/elite units is not a waste.

Also it looks fantastic!

I also find it very appealing that every single weapon shot is twin-linked, which increases your chance of hitting the target with it. And won't deny the fact that I just love the looks of the model! It will more likely be the first HH superheavy I might purchase, the 2nd being Glaive of course cool.png

I would definitely use one ahead of a Fellblade, but unfortunately my LoW is spoken for :-(

Theres always Leviathan.

And onslaught as well - true, but I asume that most people would play standard one unless of course you agree with them about playing these special alternative charts. In a Leviathan you could have Perturabo with his Shadowsword pet, 2x Typhons as single LoW choice and a Fellblade as the third one biggrin.png

I would definitely use one ahead of a Fellblade, but unfortunately my LoW is spoken for :-(

Theres always Leviathan.

And onslaught as well - true, but I asume that most people would play standard one unless of course you agree with them about playing these special alternative charts. In a Leviathan you could have Perturabo with his Shadowsword pet, 2x Typhons as single LoW choice and a Fellblade as the third one biggrin.png

Depends how you equate the two components of a Primarch always being the Warlord and the Leviathan Lord of War being the Warlord in its place if that's even legal.

Archived