Inferno pistols

I found them almost invaluable in my last tournament.  It does depend how you kit the rest of the squad, but the additional S8, Ap1 was so, so good.  I had a combo of pistols floating about- 4 in various squads and characters; 2 grav, 2 infernus.  

I wasn't sold on them before, but think theyre really good if you have the points. 

but think theyre really good if you have the points. 

An important point, especially in the Death Company. There was a time when it was invaluable to put one in there, but now it's subject to taste. As for your RAS Sergeant (who doesn't need to be a Veteran for upgrades...), it meshes well if you are using meltaguns as your Special Weapon choices, but not if you're using something else. In this instance, why not use two (and a melta bomb)?

It depends on what other armour-busting stuff you have in your army but in general I am in favour of them. On RAS sergeants that gives you 4 melta shots in a 5-man squad if you go dual-pistol for gunslinging. I also like a couple in my SG and DC so they can crack transports if necessary and then assault the squishy contents.

As above, if you have jump packs or drop pods to get them in range then they are a good choice and allow you to dispense with dedicated anti-tank units when fielded en-masse.

Archived