Blood Angels + Imperial Knight

Chelios

Depends on the opposition. I play against Emperor's Children a lot, so I got the Knight Paladin to kill off some of those buggers with there ridiculous sonic weapons!

I'll change opposition( sometimes orks, sometimes nyds, sometimes spacewolfes ecc ecc), the default one... I don't want to buy more than 1, they are too expensive

Once upon a time, the answer was the Paladin because we could deliver enough melta to make the Errant redundant. These days however...

Firstly, I'll recommend this for some background reading. 1d4chan isn't for everyone but this is quite informative. Secondly, I'd recommend investing in some magnets to allow you to switch between options between games.

Like anything else in this game, there really isn't a "default" one.

If you get your hands on the Knight Codex you might be able to compare the stats of each and see which you like better.

I'm thining about a crusader with battlecannon and stormspear rocket pod. What do you think?

Once upon a time, the answer was the Paladin because we could deliver enough melta to make the Errant redundant. These days however...

Firstly, I'll recommend this for some background reading. 1d4chan isn't for everyone but this is quite informative. Secondly, I'd recommend investing in some magnets to allow you to switch between options between games.

I'm reading 

Like anything else in this game, there really isn't a "default" one.

If you get your hands on the Knight Codex you might be able to compare the stats of each and see which you like better.

I'm thining about a crusader with battlecannon and stormspear rocket pod. What do you think?

That I will leave to those brothers who actually have the Dex handy :P

It's good yes but it's a lot of points their I think 470 I run him with the default thermal cannon 36" melta blast, getting melta at 16" and its no extra points. But the cannon is only a melta boom more so 3 str8 shot or one str9 melta blast. All depends on how you want to run it and as for the pod it's really good it's 40 points. I don't like even more points tied up in one model. His a bullet magnet so loosing 470 points hurts. Like said its up to you if you want to spent that many points.

If I had to pick a single configuration, that is probably the one I would go for as a default. Yes it is pricey but it synergises quite well with our army providing heavy support while our DC hurtle forward to get to grips with the enemy and melta-cide squads take out that tanks.

If you spent the same points on heavy support, you could probably get 3 vindicators/predators which would be 9 HPs with AV13 to the front. The Knight is 6 HPs with AV13 to the front but also has the Ion shield, better side/rear armour and ignore most results on the damage table. I would say the Knight will give better and more reliable firepower.

The Ion shield is better on a Crusader as it will naturally tend to hang back so more fire is coming from just a single facing.

Having said all that, I would still suggest investing in some magnets so you can mix it up a bit.

Archived