Tins Dark Angels - WIP - Conversion heavy!

Tin

Hi all!

Thought I would post what I'm doing to try and keep me going and make sure I follow through with my new DA army biggrin.png

A bit about me.... I collected 40k miniatures a loooong time ago, when I was younger. I've always enjoyed the fluff and the computer games, but the last miniatures I bought (apart from this new stuff) were probably when I was about 14/15 tops.... 16 years ago!

I've always thought about collecting again, but finally took the plunge and bought a ton of stuff to try and relax after work. Think I've got nearly a company's worth of green wing, some tanks, flier, a load of death wing. Lots to get through! I don't plan on ever playing, so expect this to be more fluffy and more time spent on the hobbying aspect of it. Also, if you don't like chaplains, look away now! I love the chaplains in the DA, and plan to own a version of at least each significant interrogator chaplain. With playing so long ago, I love the old style feel to 40k, so expect a hint of the old with back banners for each character etc.

I'll slowly post things as I'm working on them, so without further ado...... Bear in mind that this is the first thing I've done for 16+ years! Critique is appreciated happy.png

Sapphon, Grand Master of Chaplains, Finder of Secrets

What better place to start than the grand master of chaplains! I've got a few metal mini's lying around from my old collection, but with the size difference they really need refreshing.

First job was updating Sapphon (released as Asmodai bla bla tongue.png ). Not sure if I want to add something to his leg armour or if it may be a bit much. Basics in place, just a bit of tidying up to do before paint goes on.

sml_gallery_48985_10986_66826.jpg

sml_gallery_48985_10986_65269.jpg

Interrogator Chaplain Boreas

Second of many interrogator chaplains.... Boreas (from "Angels of Darkness"). Made from bits mainly from Dark Vengeance. Again, basics in place, just got to tidy up before painting. Back pack used for the picture is the pack for Sapphon, Boreas will get his own pack shortly, just used this for the picture.

sml_gallery_48985_10986_61762.jpg

sml_gallery_48985_10986_77923.jpg

More to follow soon hopefully!

This one isn't as far along as the others, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Will add it to the first post when it's at a point I'm happy with it. Question of the day though.... why do marines always lose their right eye and not their left?? Hunting for a head with a left bionic eye was a pain so thought sod it and made my own!

Ezekiel, Grand Master of Librarians

I think the Ezekiel model looks a little dated now, and as soon as I saw the DV captain, thought this could be a great Ezekiel replacement. Still got more to change on this before I'm happy (didn't realise how freaking huge I'd made the sword!)

sml_gallery_48985_10986_36638.jpg

Archived