Carmine Blades

Gorgeous - stellar work. As far as I can tell this is not their canon scheme though? Very much like where you've taken it, just curious is all. I'm in love with that chrome-ish gold too.

Have you got plans on how to tackle the Chapter symbol?

Also, is the blue around the helms intended as lighting from beneath?

Thanks Draakur! It is the Carmine Blades' canon scheme but not the Blood Angels, at least as far as the codex depicts them.  Thankfully their chapter symbol is coming out on the new transfer sheet so I won't have to fail miserably trying to freehand it! And no the blue is more intended as my shadow.  I didn't want to do grey because I felt it was too White Scar-y or dirty looking.  I just wanted to try something new and different and I think it turned out.  I have a few issues with it but hopefully will sort it out by the time I do more! 

I'm sorry but I believe that comment's negligence speaks for itself (couldn't resist). Also yea the bases had a LOT more contrast before I sealed them. For whatever reason the varnish darkened them up a lot and I lost all of the pigment work I had done on their feet and the bases themselves dry.png

I'm sorry but I believe that comment's negligence speaks for itself (couldn't resist). Also yea the bases had a LOT more contrast before I sealed them. For whatever reason the varnish darkened them up a lot and I lost all of the pigment work I had done on their feet and the bases themselves dry.png

Law nerds of the world, convocate!

the swords...the swords.... jawdrop.gif are they simply shades of grey airbrushed i assume...? ....stunning work,

maybe try rehighlight the bases...i had a friend who used to paint, varnish then re do all his metals so they didn't look dull ( warhammer fantasy) it worked well.

cheers Mithril

Archived