Back to the chapter

Pandewm

Hi,

Last weekend, I did a fast pick up game with my old BA list, after not finding my way to a 40k game board for a few years.

I've been modelling and painting like crazy on many, many (many,many,many) different armies and gaming systems, but I wanted to promote the game some more in my FLGS. That's why I decided to grab my old assault army I used to surprise tournament players, and made a 1200andsome list with those models. 

Back in the day I had a list that was a reclusiarch and Libby, both jumping, as HQ.

Elite was spend with two chappies, jumping ofcourse, and one slot for three SP's.

Then I made three troops units, all jump assault squad, maxed out, with a chaplain(or reclusiarch) and priest in each. 

Everything Sergeant or IC was equipped with a power weapon, to plow through everything infantrywise.  2 melta's per squad and my fast attack filled with 9 attack bikes with multimelta's, made sure I had plenty of anti armour as well. A little sniper scout squad was handy for objectives/pot shots at IC's and basicly making the opponent suspicious, while I slaughtered everything.

This worked 85% of the time and was loads of fun, and last weekend I got to relive the days, kind of.

I used the 1veteran squad + 2 assault squad formation, since assault squads aren't troops anymore.

All the while I've been wondering how to BETTER emulate my earlier list, and how to equip veterans in a mechless (if you don't count attack bikes), bashy & jumpy armour.

Does anyone have advice, specific or on the whole? 

Acquiring non-forgeworld stuff is not an issue.

Thanks for reading and/or answering.

I'm in the same boat. My 7th edition codex is on its way currently. I've been away for a long time, but it seems that in essence the tactics haven't changed. Just the units to implement them with. Mobility seems to be the key from everything I've read. Closing the gap between slow movers and the enemy via Stormravens, drop pods, razorback etc. We'll see though. I might be able to help more once I get it figured out again myself.

Archived