Classic Omnibus editions back in print - what's good?

Vorenus

Greetings:

Y'all probably already saw this, but Black Library has several of their "classic" omnibus editions back in print for a limited time.  The titles are:

Blood Angels:  The Omnibus

Blood Angels:  The Second Omnibus
Space Wolves:  The Omnibus

Space Wolves:  The Second Omnibus

Ciaphas Cain:  Defender of the Imperium

Ciaphs Cain:  Hero of the Imperium

Word Bearers:  The Omnibus

Night Lords:  The Omnibus

Iron Lords:  The Omnibus

Space Marines:  The Omnibus

Path of the Eldar

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of these.  Are any of them worth getting and reading?  I'm thinking about the Night Lords omnibus since that's by AD-B, but what about the other ones?  Any strong impressions?

Thanks.

v/r

--Vorenus

The Night Lords Omnibus is an obvious excellent read, and I have also largely enjoyed the Space Marine Omnibus. There's a few duds, but most of the stories are good, and focus on the smaller chapters. Path of the Eldar is only worth it if you're a xenos-hugging hippie who wants to learn more about the Eldar. I'd say Path is among the worst of Gav's books, as his characters all have the habit of whining about their lives.

Space Wolves Second Omnibus already out of stock.  Only First Omnibus remains.  Not keen on paying as much for overseas shipping as the cost of the book, so I'll pass and get it on eBay.

I'd prefer to get both as an eBook (I read faster and more often on my Kindle), and I'm wondering why that's still not an option.  Black Library is leaving money on the table, here.

That is just disappointing. Much as I love physical books, my shelf space is extremely limited, and I have full-heartedly embraced the ease, simplicity, and relative cheapness of e-books.

If they're just re-releasing on print, might as well be worthless to me.

Archived